Job Title: Program Director for East/Central Africa Rapid Response Fund (ECA RRF) Project
Reports to: HRD Program Quality and Management (PQM) Team Lead
Internal Title: Senior Program Manager
Department: Humanitarian Response Dept. (HRD)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: US/Domestic US Telecommuting
Note: This position is contingent upon grant and candidate approvals by the donor.
The OFDA-funded East and Central Africa Rapid Response Fund for Acute Humanitarian Needs Resulting from New Internal Displacement program is a three year project covering seven countries (Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, and Eritrea).
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of an emergency rapid response fund (RRF) which will provide immediate support to vulnerable, crisis-affected populations in seven countries within East and Central Africa. You will be responsible for the high quality implementation of both programmatic and administrative elements of the project, proactively managing and mitigating risks within the project to ensure that results are achieved and learning is well documented. As the project will be a piloting a new USG mechanism for providing quick access to funding in emergencies, on-going learning may be used to enhance humanitarian approaches on a large scale.
* Masters’ Degree or equivalent field experience in international development or related field.
* More than five years of experience in managing emergency response and recovery programs, preferably including management of multi-sector programs and rapid response mechanisms. Experience in management of projects in each of the following sectors a plus: Multipurpose Cash, WASH, Shelter/Settlements and Logistics.
* Proven track record of successful management of USAID OFDA and/or FFP funded programs.
* Experience with emergency program design; supply chain; administration and financial oversight; response coordination; information management; monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL); and integration of cross-cutting themes (e.g., capacity strengthening, protection mainstreaming, gender, good governance and social cohesion) into emergency programming. Knowledge of CRS and Caritas Internationalis emergency programming and management standards a plus.
* Experience managing large and multi-cultural teams.
* Experience working with and through local partner organizations and in building the capacity of local organization to manage programs/resources, preferably in emergency situations.
* Highly proficient in security protocols and management of emergency programs in insecure environments.
* Experience with promoting staff care in emergency settings.
* Experience working in East and/or Central Africa a plus.
Required Foreign Language: Fluency in French and English required
Required Travel: Travel is expected to be approximately 50% (i.e., six months of the year), primarily within East and Central Africa. Candidates should have capacity to live and work in difficult/stressful environments and serve wherever agency needs dictate.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.