Program Director: ABA ROLI seeks a Program Director (PD) to work on a judicial assessment and access to justice program in Syria. The program director will be based in Berlin, Germany, and regularly travel to the region to implement activities. The PD will be responsible and accountable for program implementation, management and oversight of strategic and tactical elements of the program. The PD will ensure compliance with all State Department, ABA, federal, state, and local laws/regulations while managing the program and ensure personal and program compliance with the FCPA.
- Day-to-day management of assigned programs and that all programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according the ABA, ROLI, and grantor requirements.
- Accountable for all timely, accurate, and compliant in-country programmatic monitoring and reporting.
- Oversees and is accountable for the development and deployment of substantive programming and activities, including, but not limited to, project work plans, managing/assisting volunteer legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing and participating in training opportunities within the host country.
- Establishes and enhances effective collaboration and relationships with local entities and other development partners (e.g., local bar association, law schools, NGO’s, governmental agencies, etc.) to fulfill program objectives within cost constraints and garner additional funding from partners.
- Maintains proactive communications with ROLI leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on programs’ activities, achievements, and shortcomings. In area where program shortcomings are identified, creates and implements corrective action plans to improve performance against standards.
- Assists in identifying best practices derived from lessons learned.
- Collaborates with local and D.C.-based staff and local authorities to ensure that all programs and operations are compliant with all local laws/regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory licensing/registrations prior to offering the programs.
- Ensures compliance with all donor, ABA, federal, state, and local laws/regulations while managing the program(s). Ensures personal and program compliance with the FCPA.
- Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, where appropriate, applies corrective actions to an assigned team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- JD/LLM or foreign equivalent required;
- 10 years of strong program management experience in relevant conflict contexts and issue areas;
- Experience implementing and overseeing grant-funded programs in complex, fluid, and remote-management contexts;
- Experience coordinating capacity-building support to local civil society entities;
- Experience managing program funds and familiarity with US government rules and regulations for grants;
- Working knowledge of MENA region and/or familiarity with legal codes and frameworks in MENA;
- Fluency in English (knowledge of Arabic or French is a plus); and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html