Position: PROGRAM IMPLEMENTER (PI)
Nationality: American National (AN)
Required Clearance: Secret Clearance
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Tetra Tech Project Director
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for PROGRAM IMPLEMENTER (PI)position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) Program Implementer (PI) has primary responsibility for all aspects of Contract execution. The PI is responsive to, and coordinates closely with, the Contract Officer’s Representative (COR) and the State Department’s International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Bureau’s Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan (INL/AP) Program Office to ensure effective contract management. The PI also interfaces with the COR on contractual matters of the program. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Directing the activities of the Project Implementation Team (PIT) to provide support to the JSSP including recruitment, logistics support, and financial management
- Provide overall technical leadership and support to the JSSP Afghanistan office
- Ensure necessary resources are provided to meet program requirements
- Review and ensure the accuracy of invoices that are submitted to the State Department
- Ensure that all deliverables, reports and products are properly completed and submitted on time and meet appropriate professional standards
- Negotiate modifications and amendments to the contract as required
- Ensure that recruitment fulfills JSSP staffing requirements and that any evident technical gaps on timely filled
- Maintain a cost-tracking system so that expenditures do not exceed authorized limits
- Travel to JSSP offices in Afghanistan four times per year to observe and oversee program personnel and operations, and meet with U.S. Government officials
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior management roles that include strategic planning, program management, resource management, and budgeting
- A minimum of two years of experience in managing complex, international programs of comparable scope to JSSP
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; Master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge and experience in managing international development and/or rule of law programs preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior writing and communication skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls,
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.