POSITION TITLE: Program Intern
DIVISION: Enterprise and Community Development
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Enterprise and Community Development
LOCATION: Washington, DC
PYXERA Global’s Enterprise and Community Development (ECD) Division catalyzes partnerships to achieve sustainable economic growth of local enterprises and communities. PYXERA Global is seeking a Program Intern to work 20-40 hours per week at our headquarters office in Washington, DC. The Program Intern will provide administrative and programmatic support for enterprise development programs. The position will provide the Program Intern with the opportunity to build their program management skills through exposure to a variety of program and business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s enterprise development programs with oversight from the Program Manager. Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
Analysis and Reporting – 30%
- Track progress of key program and departmental indicators, and monitor database management efforts;
- Review and edit quarterly program reports;
Communications – 15%
- Liaise with field staff and Program Manager to develop case studies and success stories, as well as support department and project social media presence;
Business Development – 25%
- Conduct research, both technical and financial, for business development opportunities in various regions and practice areas;
- Support overall proposal coordination, production, review, and delivery;
Finance – 30%
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms such as invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliations in a timely manner;
- Initiate and coordinate submissions of procurement documentation such as selection memos, contracts, modifications, and purchase orders;
- Assist in preparing budgets and monitoring monthly financial reports;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, economic development or related field required;
- One to two years of relevant experience in international development/affairs related roles;
- Familiarity with a variety of public and private sector donors;
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with cross-cultural teams;
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and variety of social media platforms;
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision;
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and for multiple managers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Monitoring and evaluation or data analysis skills desired; and
- Intermediate knowledge of Russian is required.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing to Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org by January 31, 2018. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global ECD Program Intern Position 2018”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include IBM, Pfizer, Pepsi, SAP, and others. Our clients in the public sector include USAID and the World Bank. A few examples of our work include:
- Developing an innovative local content development program so that small businesses in Mozambique can become robust suppliers to the oil industry—creating jobs and increasing incomes;
- Working with John Deere in India to improve the well-being of people in three rural communities by helping farmers increase their revenues through improvements of their agricultural production practices, updating village infrastructure, and conducting activities with parents and school children to increase learning and reduce drop-outs;
- Implementing a corporate volunteer program for IBM that enables NGOs and social enterprises in 30 countries to access pro bono services to help them to grow and thrive.
To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.pyxeraglobal.org.