Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women is an initiative of the Australian Government, aims to catalyse inclusive economic growth in South East Asia through promoting women’s economic empowerment. Investing in Women is being implemented in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar. The head office is in Makati, Manila, Philippines.
The goals of the initiative are:
- More businesses achieve gender equality in their workplace
- Impact investing in women’s SMEs has increased
- Government partners take steps towards removing selected barriers to women’s economic empowerment
- Public attitudes are more supportive of women’s economic empowerment
For more information, see www.investinginwomen.asia
The Program Manager will establish and maintain strong, collegiate working relationships with key Embassy, Philippine Government and network stakeholders to coordinate and facilitate successful implementation of the program and achievement of program outcomes in the Philippines.
Manage the IW Strategic Implementation Unit to provide advice, implementation and coordination support to the IW CEO and Technical Teams in the delivery of IW to a high quality, compliant with DFAT and Abt policies, and aligned with the country context in Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Support day-to-day relationships with the Australian Embassy and the Government of the Philippines, including providing regular program updates, coordinating and communicating program activities and events, manage Government participation in program activities, preparing official briefs, responding promptly and professionally to all Government enquiries
- Manage the IW Strategic Implementation Unit through regular meetings and communications to ensure information flow, alignment and coordination between the Manila project hub and Country Managers and activities in Vietnam and Indonesia
- Provide secretariat support to the Board of Governance, including coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and papers, taking minutes, and ensuring that action items are completed
- Translate the requirements of DFAT and other key stakeholders into actionable program activities
- Contribute to strategic work planning and implementation of program activities in order to deliver program contract
- Proactively identify, track and manage program implementation risk
- Support or manage successful events, including preparation of briefs as required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role managing donor funded programs
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships with people across different levels of organisations
- Experience successfully leading and managing small teams
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Systematic work style and ability to deliver across competing deadlines
Further Information & Application
Please view all information for this opportunity in the Information for Applicants available in the More Information section below.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 2nd January 2019 - 8am (GMT +8)
NB: This role is being re-advertised, initial applicants do not need to apply again as they will be considered, with new applicants, when this advertisement closes.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.