Macfadden, a PAE Company, is seeing a Program Manager (PM) to be based on our Washington, DC location. The Program Manager is responsible for overall project management of an assigned task order(s) under the Humanitarian Assistance Support Contract (HASC), an institutional support contract with the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/DCHA).
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) is a highly operational office that implements rapid international transition programs for priority conflict-prone countries. In support of U.S. foreign policy, OTI seizes emerging windows of opportunity in the political landscape to promote stability, peace, and democracy by catalyzing local initiatives through adaptive and agile programming. The Program Manager will manage the task order(s) for USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) and will regularly work closely with OTI to iteratively and strategically engage in priority setting and contract performance management.
The HASC contract integrates a full range of services to assist the client in achieving their mission. The PM leads, directs, and monitors overall project and contract performance of assigned task order(s). The individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with the client’s overall management plan. The Senior Program Manager will provide leadership, oversight and senior-level management to overall contract operations, often involving multiple projects/tasks and/or groups of personnel. The individual is responsible for developing and maintaining key strategic relationships with senior level management within the client organization and is aware of overall program status. The Senior Program Manager will coordinate and facilitate the timely submission of financial, performance, status, and other reports required by the client.
Key Internal Interfaces: IDIQ Program Manager, Corporate
Key External Interfaces: Task Order CORs, Activity Managers
An active US Secret security clearance or above is required to qualify for this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Relevant Master’s degree and/or equivalent experience. Certification in Contract Management and/or PMP preferred.
- Minimum twelve years of experience plus Master’s degree, or minimum of fifteen years of experience plus Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in program management of large government projects. Demonstrated experience in the government support contracting environment.
- Experience with managing USAID support contracts preferred, as well as familiarity with USAID systems and humanitarian assistance. Previous experience with USAID/OTI preferred.
- Leadership: Ability to work with senior-level government and corporate personnel and provide leadership to a large cross-functional implementation team of diverse staff.
- Management: Strong management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Financial Management: Proven budget and financial management ability.
- Contract Management: Proven experience of government contracting regulations (FAR, ADS, and AIDAR).
- Planning: Strong strategic planning skills to plan over a 1-2 year time period.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and problem solve at both a strategic and functional level. Ability to remain flexible and solution-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Management: Ability to oversee employee training and staff development.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent oral and written communication, strong customer orientation, and excellent analytical, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- All aspects of personnel management – Recruitment, onboarding, orientation, staffing, and performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure all documentation for timesheets, invoices, subcontractors, vendors and procurements are properly prepared and compliant.
- Provide staff oversight and ensure staff are compliant and adhering to government rules and regulations.
- Maintain good communication and professional relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Deliver services as stated in the assigned task order(s).
Program Management Responsibilities:
- Provide management oversight of staff that range from junior to senior in administrative and technical positions directly supporting OTI including team leads.
- Oversight and management of the onsite, day-to-day activities of the assigned task order(s) under the HASC contract.
- Manage client expectations and provide leadership to the cross-functional implementation team.
- Personnel management, task management, technical performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Oversight of facility and logistics for large teams.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values, and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Maintain commitment to Company values.
- Meet regularly with USAID government program managers to ensure issues are promptly resolved and to enhance communications.
- Responsible for performance management and reporting, as well as updating performance management process as needed to adapt to changing requirements.
- Review project plans to ensure milestones and deadlines.
- Work with government clients to establish priorities, including staffing actions, processes, and quality control measures.
- Develop proactive staffing strategy.
- Develop and coach effective team leads.
- Handle contract management functions: contract reviews, modifications, proposals, invoicing, subcontractor and vendor management, and deliverable tracking.
- Ensure project activities are compliant with contracts and FAR, AIDAR, ADS and other relevant regulations and policies.
- Manage subcontractors and vendors and issue competitive RFPs and POs as required by the client.
- Manage expenditures and prepare budget projections and scenarios as requested.
- Approve timecards and ensure timecards are accurate and submitted punctually.
- May require non-traditional hours during critical emergency response periods.
- Liaise with corporate on implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans to improve efficiency on HASC.
- Prudently manage resources within budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines.
- Perform back up functions for the Deputy Program Manager in his/her absence.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.