DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
The Program Manager (PM) will serve as a senior member of the home office project management unit (PMU) for the Transition Initiative for Stabilization Plus (TIS+) program in Somalia. The PM supports management of client contracts, project field operations, and assists with coordinating home office project management activities. The PM supports overall operational, contractual and financial management of the program and management of field office operational staff. The PM will also plays a significant role in business development from capture through live phases, including information gathering, technical approach, and partnering. The PM will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- Responsible for day-to-day project management from award through closeout, including contractual compliance, financial management, and oversight of project personnel and subcontractors.
- Serve as back-up support for the Senior Program Manager pertaining to PMU operational matters.
- Manages one or multiple USAID-funded projects and oversees day-to-day implementation to ensure their successful completion within budget and scheduled time frame, from award through closeout.
- Serve as a DT Global home office representative to USG clients throughout the project life cycle as needed, including startup and closeout meetings; regular correspondence regarding implementation progress; as-needed problem solving; and delivering presentations on the project to a variety of actors.
- Manages resources supporting assigned projects to foster collaboration of technical and program management experts
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed, including regularly traveling to the field to support project initiatives and backfill project leadership as necessary.
- Monitor consultant and subcontractor performance.
- In conjunction with the contract’s representative, takes accountability for project processes including contractual quality assurance and compliance.
- Ensures that technical work plans are executed.
- Works with Senior Program Manager to ensure project financial management and compliance, including over-seeing accruals, pipelines, and cost-to-complete reports prepared for both DT Global and clients.
- Monitor project budgets and approves budget modifications.
- Supports PMU’s efforts to ensure financial goals are met
- Support business development efforts from capture phase through live solicitation, which includes participating in pipeline discussions to determine bids to pursue.
- Lead proposal development, including technical approach, staffing and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development.
- Participate in scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals and guide staff and consultants supporting research efforts.
- Manage and provide guidance and mentorship to junior PMU staff.
- Proactively engage in self-driven professional development, learning and growth activities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 4-7 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience or,
- Master’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, Inter-national Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 3-5 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience
- Substantial experience in managing international donor projects and extensive knowledge of donor regulations and policies (including AIDAR and FAR), especially as they relate to contracting and procurement.
- Solid background in managing large programs, including complicated budgets.
- Proven experience with MS Office applications;
- Ability to travel abroad on short-term assignments up to 25%, at times with very little notice. Willingness to travel to Somalia preferred.
- Ability to serve as in-country program manager in the event of a vacancy or absence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and/or other relevant regions.
- Field experience working outside the US, particularly in developing countries, preferred.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, or Spanish preferred;
- Experience with project start-ups and/or closedowns preferred; and
- Experience working with multiple donor countries (USAID, UK, Canadian FCO, German MFA) preferred.
What We Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.