Program Manager- North & East Africa, Asia & Europe
Position Reports to
Senior Director- International Programmes
This is 12 months fixed term contract. Anticipated start date is Mid-August 2020 and contract end date is end of September 2021.
1. Ensure that assigned countries received effective day-to-day HQ support. Advocating for the needs of the assigned countries needs within the organization and ensure that programme Officers effectively coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication
2. Supervises, mentor and coach assigned Program Officers and Assistants
3. Develops and monitor staff performance targets with clear objectives and timelines
1. Supervises, mentor and coach assigned Program Officers and Assistants
2. Develops and monitor staff performance targets with clear objectives and timelines
3. Deployment to the field to support in program or mission startup, staff coverage, and close out.
4. Supervise the coordination of country strategy development
5. Ensures the field programs team fulfill contractual obligations and commitments to beneficiaries and stakeholders for assigned countries
6. Ensures that donors and internal reporting is submitted on time and in fulfilment of contractual obligations for the countries covered.
7. Ensures that established processes and procedures are followed by the Program Officers and flags issues as necessary to the Senior Manager.
8. External representation as required with donors
9. Guide assigned programme team toward best work standards and schedules; ensure effective implementation in the region; facilitate appropriate development and training for regional employees; ensure timely review of employee work quality and initiate transparent steps to correct inadequate performance; approve employees’ work schedules and time reports.
10. Assist in the selection and assignment of best qualified regional personnel; plan for transition and succession; handle employee relations matters in association with Human Resources standards and in accordance with International Medical Corps Human Resources policies, guidelines and procedures.
11. Ensure that the staff is adhering to the policies and procedures set forth in official guidelines.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Direct Reports: Program Officers
Indirect Reports: NA
Geographical Scope: Assigned countries
1. BA in related subject
2. Project management certification
3. + Significant relevant experience
1. Master degree in Development studies, MPH or related subject
2. Project management certification
3. + Extensive relevant experience
1. Experience managing, building, leading and developing a team of staff and at least 2 or more years of field- based work experience in the sector
2. Experience implementing as a Senior Program Officer or in managerial role
3. Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $5 million
4. Experience in implementing projects funded by US, UK, EU, Canadian, Australian, UN and other donor governments
5. Experience of project and financial management in a multi-partner or multi-agency consortia
6. Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relationships with donors
1. Knowledge of Project cycle management
2. Experience with Logical Framework project planning and design
3. Proposal development skills
4. Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
5. Experience in representing externally project information
6. Financial and other data systems to produce budgets, analyze data and track trends
7. Strong analytical skills to determine overall grant performance
8. Ability to coach, mentor and effectively manage a team
9. Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
10. Results driven and ability to meet deadlines
11. Staff management skills and diplomacy
12. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
Extensive travel maybe required
Fluent in written and spoken English
Proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic (or other relevant language to the portfolio) a plus
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the requirements of International Medical Corps.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have
the right to work in the UK should send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirement and why you
are interested in the role.
5PM UK time on 9th August 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of
sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application
as soon as possible.
In order to process job applications, International Medical Corps UK collects personal information
submitted by applicants. By applying for this role, you are consenting to that processing. All personal