Job DescriptionInternational Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Program Manager, ACSS
Department/Location: Home Office, Washington DC, USA
Reports To: Technical Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Program Manager to support the study of security issues in Africa and to provide a forum for bilateral and multilateral research, communication, and exchange of ideas and training of military and civilian participants in the US and Africa. The project will work with the Africa Center for Strategic Studies, (ACSS) a United States (U.S.) Department of Defense (DoD) institution established to obtain and share information with African leaders from both the military and civilian sectors. ACSS aims to gain a better understanding of African geopolitical issues, the related impact on U.S. national security and to provide frameworks for African countries to improve regional security in Africa. The program includes professional support services, administrative and logistical support, and travel to support the ACSS mission.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Oversee all aspects of project delivery and ACSS technical operations, professional services, subject matter
experts, travel, procurement throughout the life of the project and continuity of ACSS programs.
· Manage implementation and reporting on specific activities including research, information dissemination
and events for US DoD and African military and civilian officials and participants.
· Responsible for day-to-day communication with ACSS COR.
· Ensure full compliance with terms and conditions of project Task Order.
· Design, manage and support project impact and advancement toward ACSS strategic goals.
· Manage project staff and positive, productive relations with project military and civilian participants.
· Travel to Africa is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas, depending on
· Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
· Previous experience with US government and DoD projects and program management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of African geopolitical issues, international relations and security concerns.
· Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent certificate strongly preferred
(e.g. FAC-PPM II, or DAWIA strongly desired.
· Over three (3) years’ experience facilitating US and international activities, with US DoD related experience
· Excellent data presentation and visualization skills, organization and writing skills.
· Experience managing projects in Africa strongly desired.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing complex, multicultural projects.
· Proven expertise briefing executive leadership and coordinating program efforts at a senior management
level, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff and program participants.
· Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/institution required in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to and within Africa will be required.
Work Authorization: Must be fully authorized to work in the US for duration of project; may need to be eligible for US Government Security Clearance.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.