PYXERA Global is seeking an experienced professional for a Program Manager position in its Enterprise and Community Development practice area focusing on agricultural development. This position requires a minimum of five years of experience in agricultural and/or community development program design and management, as well as experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex programs. For more information on PYXERA Global, please visit www.pyxeraglobal.org.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of PYXERA Global’s international programs and participates in business development globally. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the program team to drive and deliver the strategic vision of the program(s), in alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
- Proactively manage farmer, agribusiness and community development program(s) so they are: on time, on budget, in compliance with the law, meet or exceed deliverables, and responsive to client and stakeholder needs.
- Work with the program team to develop and review work plans, reports (program and financial), monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, program communications, and client/donor correspondence.
- Ensure quality assurance of the program(s) – where applicable, act as a sounding board to provide technical and operational guidance.
- Travel to the field to engage in strategic planning sessions and work with the team to ensure progress toward program and client deliverables.
- Lead as well as support programmatic and organizational learning objectives – which includes thought leadership in farmer, agribusiness and community development.
- Manage partnering agreements and contracts with partners and clients.
- Identify sources of funding, new business opportunities, and potential partner organizations for new or existing programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with at least five years of relevant experience
- Field experience and in-depth knowledge of rural livelihoods, agriculture (including agricultural best practices, engaging agripreneurs, post-harvest loss, agricultural value chains, and climate-smart agriculture), and community development.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas: monitoring and evaluation, design and implementation of field research, inclusive participatory planning, business development.
- Strong writing and organizational skills. Final candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and alone, locally in the DC office and with global teams.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of time.
- Experience in developing and/or managing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Experience with private sector, foundation, and/or government donor agencies.
- Familiarity with shared value and corporate social responsibility models.
- Experience working in a variety of environments and/or countries, working on multi-sector programs and/or holistic program models a plus.
- Language proficiency in Hindi, French, or Portuguese.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline for application is March 31, 2019.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/