CRS/Sudan seeks qualified candidates for the position of Program Manager II – Food Security and Livelihoods Advisor to support the Country Program’s food security and livelihoods portfolio. The Program Manager II will be highly experienced in a broad spectrum of food security and livelihoods technical focus areas with responsibility for establishing and managing systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors across multiple funding streams. The Program Manager II will ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within each FFP activity, between CRS/Sudan interventions, and other USAID and other donors’ investments. Hers/his technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ food security and livelihoods portfolio is across Sudan. S/he will work closely with program teams and partner staff to develop high quality contextually appropriate approaches. S/he will respond to learning needs, develop and conduct capacity building for program staff, with support of Chief of Party, Project Directors, Program Managers and Technical Advisors.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based advisory or project management experience with progressive responsibility is required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in food security and livelihoods
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in food security and livelihoods. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in food security and livelihoods, including technical writing.
* Experience in providing technical support to and/or managing moderately complex projects with an INGO. Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Fluency in English required, and Arabic a plus
Position is based in Geneina, West Darfur. Frequent travel between project locations across Darfur state is expected.
Provide ongoing technical support and coordinate teams for specific food security and livelihoods related activities as required.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Location(s): Sudan - West Darfur - Geneina
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.