Job Title: Program Manager II, RAID Project
Department: CRS Sudan Country Program
Reports To: Head of Programs
Location: Sudan-Central Darfur
The Program Manager oversees the technical, financial, and administrative implementation of a BMZ-Caritas Germany-funded project totaling $4 million and entitled “Resilience Approaches for Integrated Development in Darfur (RAID).” The RAID project focuses on sustainably increasing food security and nutrition outcomes for 20,212 rural households in 15 selected villages of Mukjar and Um Dukhun localities of the Central Darfur state of Sudan. The Program Manager ensures effective systems and processes are in place that support high quality programming and that advance Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. The Program Manager enables the project, a three-year effort that began in September 2018, delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its integrated resiliency programming.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, or Community Development required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of community development, peacebuilding, livelihoods, and/or humanitarian response.
* Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
* Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID, DFID, or other state-based agencies.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals and reports.
* Experience engaging with partner organizations.
* MEAL skills and experience required.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required/Desired Languages: Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic and German speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.
Travel Required: Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time within Darfur to project sites.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.