The scope of this job is to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the management of ANSI’s international projects and development programs, as well as regional and bilateral engagement, in concert with ANSI’s international policy objectives while increasing ANSI’s visibility, impact and revenue generation opportunities. This primarily includes the implementation of current projects and development programs and research and analysis of standards-related market conditions, with a particular emphasis on Asia, and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities. The position requires travel, when public health conditions permit, primarily to developing and emerging economies.
· Supports the Senior Director, International Development and other International Policy staff in the implementation of several international projects; including analyzing training needs, leading organization of training workshops and other events (including virtual and hybrid virtual/in-person events), communication with ANSI members, government counterparts and potential private and public sector participants, drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
· Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects meet relevant U.S. government and donor policies and procedures
· Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
· Supports the Senior Director, International Development in the development of proposals or other business development for new programs to advance ANSI’s mission internationally
· Supports departmental budgeting, project management, and related activities
· Engages external stakeholders including ANSI members, donor organizations, and others in support of ANSI’s international development programs
China Program - The ANSI China Program helps to build stronger relationships between the U.S. and China in the areas of standards and conformance. As the coordinator of the U.S. standardization system, ANSI serves as a bridge in facilitating smoother communication, collaboration, and the creation of win-win solutions between business and government stakeholders in the U.S. and China. ANSI’s rich experience helps companies and organizations open doors and expand their footprint in the Chinese market. The Program Manager:
· Serves as primary link between ANSI’s China-based team and U.S. – based staff and members
· Conducts market research to monitor policy developments related to standardization in China, conducts analysis, and presents informational updates to ANSI’s staff and membership
· Works with the Senior Director, International Development and ANSI’s China team to carry out existing and future initiatives
· Works with the Senior Director, International Development and ANSI’s China team to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in China, and market ANSI’s services to support members’ interests in China
· Provides recommendations to supervisor for new business opportunities to support ANSI’s activities in China
· Supports meetings, workshops and other engagements with the PRC government
· Monitors international and U.S. government trade and standardization policy activities and works to align them with ANSI policies.
· Implements ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
· Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
· Coordinates with other staff and members as necessary to achieve project goals within budgetary constraints.
· Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Information Security Responsibilities
· Attend/complete assigned information security training by the designated completion date.
· Read and adhere to published ISMS policies and procedures.
· Report timely any observed violations of ISMS policy - or known encroachments on information security - to your department leader and/or the Information Technology Department.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required; further education a strong plus
· 4+ years related work experience
· Proven business development and/or fundraising experience
· Written and oral Mandarin Chinese communication skills, a plus
· Familiarity with donor funded projects and systems such as rules and regulations, project financial management, contractual compliance, and grants management
· Background in standardization, conformity assessment or regulatory fields a plus
· Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
· Project management experience; experience with USAID project management and proficiency in USAID regulations, ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance a plus
· Outstanding written and oral English communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and high attention to detail.
· Must be able to exercise discretion and solid judgment when operating in highly political environments.
· Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Position requires international travel (in line with global and local health guidance).
· Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; as well as virtual meeting platforms and the Internet.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ANSI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type because of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws. ANSI policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.