The objective of BCC Benin is to expand business production and productivity, generate greater economic opportunities for households and improve the capacity to provide public and social services by improving the quantity and quality of the supply of electricity in Benin.
The Program Manager will design and lead program evaluation for Off-Grid Energy Grant Facility in Benin. Expected to be an STTA position with period of performance of 4.5 years, some international travel to Benin required.
Program Manager Qualifications:
- At least eight years’ experience designing and carrying out evaluations; at least three of the evaluations should have assessed programs in the electricity sector (especially rural electrification and energy efficiency), policy reform, or private sector development and at least two should have been of a grant facility or similar implementation mechanism.
- At least five years’ experience carrying out experimental and or quasi-experimental impact evaluations with control and treatment groups.
- Experience designing and implementing at least five multi-topic quantitative household and/or enterprise surveys in developing country contexts.
- At least ten years’ experience designing and implementing mixed-methods evaluations.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Professional proficiency or above in English and French.
- Master’s degree or above in economics, statistics, econometrics, program evaluation, or relevant field.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services