IBI International is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In 2015 IBI received USAID’s Small Business of the Year Award. In an expectation IBI will have an increased portfolio in the coming months; IBI is conducting an open-call for Program Manager resumes.
The Program Manager (PM) will work in one of three practice areas; Support Services Practice, Organizational Development Practice, or the Public Financial Management Practice which includes Trade and Customs.
The PM will provide oversight, guidance, and administration to IBI’s overseas projects, so that they are implemented in accordance with the technical, financial, and administrative requirements stipulated in each contract. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, results-oriented, customer service-minded individual who is able to work well in a deadline-driven, multitasking environment. This position will report to the appropriate practice area leader.
Employment Location: Arlington, Virginia
Desired State Date: TBD
Specific Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate, track, and monitor the implementation of technical, financial, contractual, and other administrative aspects of assigned projects under direction of practice area leader.
- Serve as primary point of contact and first-line back-office support for IBI’s field-based chiefs of party or supervisors. Communicate regularly with field staff to ensure proper administrative and technical coordination and execution of project.
- Serve as primary point of contact with IBI’s clients with respect to the technical and administrative implementation of assigned contracts.
- Serve as primary point of contract with IBI’s sub-contractors with respect to their technical and administrative execution of sub-contracts.
- Review technical and contractual reports for quality control and consistency with the stated objectives.
- Resolve in a timely and customer service-oriented manner internal and external issues related to contract administration, employment agreements, and application of client contractual requirements and IBI’s corporate policies.
- Ensure assigned project’s audit readiness through systematic record retention and in compliance with IBI’s corporate policy and procedures and all applicable USAID regulations.
- In conjunction with IBI’s finance unit, facilitate the preparation, review, submission, and payment of invoices.
- Share regular updates with the IBI managers for each project to coordinate communications with the field and anticipate project developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a program manager or equivalent position for donor-funded international development projects; USAID, Dfid, UN, WB
- Experience with developing and/or implementing work plans for field based projects preferred:
- Experience with implementing at least one new program from the US or Field. (Start-up)
- Experience managing one or more projects at the same time
- Experience managing sub-contractors
- Three or more years of direct experience in one or more of these areas: trade facilitation including customs modernization, economic growth, business enabling environment reform, or organizational development.
- Must be able to provide proof of edibility legally work in the United States (citizenship, green card, etc)
IBI International employment offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
For full consideration, please apply by July 31: Please go to http://www.ibi-usa.com/job.html to apply for the Program Manager position by following instructions on the web page.
IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about IBI International, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI International is an equal opportunity employer.