Program Manager – Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2)
About the opportunity:
PACTAM2 – or the Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 - is an Australian Government initiative funded through its official aid agency, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), and managed by Scope Global. PACTAM2 places highly skilled, senior technical advisers recruited internationally or regionally with partner government agencies, non-government and regional organisations in 12 Pacific Island countries. Scope Global facilitates the recruitment, mobilisation and in country support of advisers.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing effective and coordinated operational management services to enable achievement of PACTAM2 objectives for the client (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade), the Partner Governments in 12 Pacific Islands countries, the Advisers (approximately 30) and Scope Global.
Position reports to: PACTAM2 Team Leader
Location: Kent Town, South Australia with regular travel to the Pacific Island region
Contract type: Full-time, fixed term contract until June 30, 2018, with extension to June 2020 subject to ongoing funding
For more information please download the job and person specification (PDF) and contact Tara Richardson for a confidential discussion (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Manage operations to ensure service standards are met and maintained. Establish and maintain an operational policy, processes and system;
- Manage program budget and financial tracking, forecasting and reporting;
- Establish and maintain client, adviser and other stakeholder relationships;
- Program monitoring and evaluation;
- Support Team Leader in overall project contract and strategic management.
- Minimum five years’ experience in client-focused program/project management roles including management experience;
- Ability to contribute ideas to enhance your role, and demonstrate initiative and flexibility;
- Excellent professional communication skills and demonstrated experience working effectively across cultures and remotely with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task, tolerate ambiguity, problem solve effectively, and have an appreciation for cultural, political and organisational complexity;
- Experience in contract management, financial management, risk management and implementation of policy/standard practice and quality assurance;
- Understanding of the Australian Aid program or other donor-funded investments.
- Willingness to travel;
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and practices, including performance management, and of the Pacific Island region is desirable.
What we offer:
- Friendly, positive, high performance organisational culture
- Meaningful, challenging, exciting work that makes a positive impact
- An organisation with personnel engaged across over 50 countries
- Flexible working environment including paid parental leave
- City-fringe location with onsite parking
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Applications will close Sunday 29th April 2018. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.
To keep in touch with us and find out about future opportunities, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the Organization
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Scope Global is headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia. We consider ourselves as agents of change: helping people to positively change their world by facilitating study and professional development opportunities and assisting governments and communities to improve the lives of their citizens and members.