Social Impact is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to oversee and support the firm’s extensive Field Office (FO) network within the Program Management Unit (PMU). This position will support the PMU team in managing and implementing several FO contracts simultaneously. The PMU PM will report to a PMU Program Director (PD).
The PMU PM is responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage a portfolio of (likely two) FO contracts including staffing, budget management, and risk identification and mitigation responsibilities.
- Coordinate the involvement of HQ contracts, finance, human resources, operations, IT, security, and technical divisions in project matters, including during start-up and close-out.
- Conduct earned value management analysis balancing time, scope and budget effectively with PD supervision and in collaboration with FOs, other HQ departments etc.
- Lead and manage the process of developing annual and quarterly FO spending projections including tracking variances. Develop action plans to address negative variances as needed and share with management.
- Ensuring that a plan to meet all client deliverables is developed and maintained in coordination with other HQ departments, including but not limited to annual workplans, M&E plans, finance reports, and any periodic reports requested under each contract.
- Provide the PD and other management with up to date activity, project and portfolio information on all their activities and responsibilities as needed. Responsible for organizing and managing project check ins with FOs, HO departments.
- Maintain strong knowledge management practices by organizing project information on Share Point.
- Ensure close coordination between HQ, Chiefs of Party (COPs), and FO staff.
- Ensure FO personnel receive the training and capacity building required to perform their duties.
- Coordinate with the FO for completion of all SI internal reporting requirements, including results reporting and participation in SI’s FO Community of Practice
- Identify and recruit international consultants to serve on technical teams
- Oversee all project-related procurement and contract management.
- Review monthly field office expenses and client invoices for compliance and accuracy.
- Contribute to developing proposals for FO projects
- Supervise and mentor one or two Program Assistants.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development or related field.
- Relevant project management experience of 5 years.
- At least two years’ experience living and working overseas is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management of prime contracts or cooperative agreements valued at more than $10 million.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement company and client policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead diverse teams to achieve project results.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in a second language such as Spanish, Arabic, or French is preferred.
- Expertise in monitoring, evaluation, learning, or capacity building is a strong plus.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of USAID Mission policies, structures, and office functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced business environment.
- Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 20% of the time.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.