Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
The Department of State’s (DoS) Office of Assistance Coordination (AC) is responsible for managing strategic planning, foreign assistance budget formulation, monitoring and evaluation, grants management, and U.S. Government (USG) assistance coordination for the Bureau of Near East Affairs (NEA), in close collaboration with U.S. Embassies, other Department of State bureaus, and federal agencies with assistance programs in the region. NEA/AC implements the Bureau’s following foreign assistance programs: 1) Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI); 2) Near East Regional Democracy (NERD) program; 3) NEA-managed civilian assistance programs in Iraq; 4) Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism
Partnership Funds for NEA and 5) Syria Non-Lethal Assistance programs in Syria and with the Syrian neighbors.
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) seeks a Program Manager/Technical Advisor to support the anticipated Department of State NEA/AC project based in Washington, DC. The anticipated start date is October 2019.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Maintain regular communication with contract and client staff to ensure effectiveness of operations.
- Work proactively to identify and resolve any problems, and flag pertinent issues for the client to address.
- Serve as the central point of contact for the Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer’s Representative, and any other key staff identified by the client.
- Provide timely responses to inquiries and issues related to contract staff and contract management, including subcontracts.
- Masters, or equivalent advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ of work experience in monitoring and evaluation or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years as a senior program manager performing duties commensurate with those required of this position.
- Minimum of 2 years of Professional and/or academic exposure to non-governmental organizations (NGOs) programs, and the Middle East region required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business administration and human resource management
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a politically sensitive environment required.
- Ability to work well with others and productively under strict deadlines required.
- Strong (written and oral) communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented required.
- English language fluency required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Region’s politics.
- Active secret-level security clearance
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.