POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
PROJECT: USAID Bersama – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
LOCATION: Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party/Sr. Program Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing key activities of the project and will be tasked with planning, implementing, and reporting on these activities. The Project Manager will be results driven and analyze the context/situation and take necessary steps to ensure results in support of a project that is strengthening local government capacity and commitment to prevent and address gender-based violence in Papua and Western Papua, Indonesia. Position will be based in Jayapura, with regular travel to other regions in Eastern Indonesia. Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading technical work (major objectives or major activities to be assigned) which involves working with and facilitating collaboration among key government agencies at the provincial and district levels. This may include Bappeda, Dinas P3A, Dinas Kesehatan, puskesmas, hospitals, and Police, among others. The Program Manager may be involved in helping with budgeting and planning activities, strengthening referral services, finalizing standard operating procedures, design and implement awareness raising campaigns with government or helping with project communications. Working closely with other program staff and partners, s/he will lead the design and implementation of activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide project management support
- Oversee planning and budgeting support to government, including coordinating with key government counterparts to secure time and commitment for activity and discuss scope of activity, ensuring that planned activities result in the expected outcomes, ensure that there are timely follow ups from each activity.
- with operations and finance team to develop activity specific terms of reference, develop budget for activities, work with logistics and program staff to organize and implement specific activities.
- Work with M&E to track and report on relevant indicators
- Manage consultant and staff as needed
- Contribute to weekly headlines (updates), quarterly and annual reports
- Other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s level degree or higher required related field.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on development project, preferable with the government
- Demonstrated experience in forging relations among government stakeholders
- Experience advocating for gender equality, GBV awareness and victims’ rights/services, and related issues
- Experience identifying champions within the government and helping push ideas and interests forward
- Experience with organizational capacity building
- Experience working with government stakeholders
- Experience designing, planning, facilitating workshops and trainings
- Providing technical assistance and training to Government officials and staff
- Experience with agency-district-province level planning and budgeting.
- Working in the field of gender-based violence or related field.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working in Eastern Indonesia
- Demonstrated effective training and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Understanding of USAID projects preferred.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.