The Program Officer will support the program team in communicating with field partners and reviewing, evaluating, funding, and monitoring international grassroots projects. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in international development and will share World Connect’s vision for supporting local development actors to lead change. The candidate should also possess key issue area expertise in at least one of the following: education, WASH, health, grassroots enterprise. The position is based in our New York City office.
- Maintain existing partnerships and grow the organization’s network of strategic partners
- Maintain strong relationships with project partners around the world, providing technical assistance, appreciative coaching, listening and empathy throughout implementation
- Routinely process grant applications and lead the review and evaluation of project design
- Process and review progress and final project reports, providing feedback to project leaders in support of their participatory development practices while critically assessing every project for growth and sustainability
- Data quality control for the organization’s online project management database and systems
- Support and build on the organization’s monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework
- Collect and analyze international projects data and prepare for use in promotional materials, publications, events, and other reports
- Content development for World Connect’s website, annual report, social media, events, email newsletters, and other material
- Keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, conferences, and trending news related to World Connect’s projects, countries, and industry space
- Routinely interface with World Connect’s development and operations teams to ensure strong internal coordination on global programming
- Support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed
The Program Officer will be mission-driven, team-oriented and have a can-do approach in supporting the growth of an innovative and growing non-profit organization in a variety of ways. Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, strong writing skills, excellent time management and interpersonal skills, and be dedicated to promoting global grassroots development. Key values include consistency, commitment, energy, and positivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Global South, including experience working alongside and championing local development actors
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional competency in Spanish and/or French preferred
- Able to work well with culturally and geographically diverse staff and partners
- Experienced, efficient and organized in online and remote work
- Ability and energy to travel domestically and internationally and to organize global travel logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly, including bespoke solutions.
Graduate degree in a relevant field
Fluency in Spanish and/or French
Experience and training in monitoring and evaluation
Exceptional attention to detail
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate ‘Program Officer’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
World Connect is a U.S.-based non-profit organization working to promote locally-led development across the Global South, prioritizing initiatives that empower women and girls. We make local investments that drive self-sustaining, transformative development. World Connect also engages Americans in advocating for its international projects, cultivating the next generation of service-minded Americans. We envision a world of equity, where disparities are eliminated and global communities become independent from aid, demonstrating the strength of human connection. World Connect has launched 1,200+ projects that have impacted more than one million individuals worldwide across 35 countries.