Position Reports to
Day-to-day Headquarters liaison for assigned country programs advocating for the needs of the program within the organization and coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication
1. Day-to-day Headquarters liaison for assigned country programs advocating for the needs of the program within the organization and coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication
2. Day to day coordination of proposals, donor reporting process for assigned countries. Monitoring grant performance and overall assigned country portfolio and flag any issue to the Program Manager
3. Support dissemination of country specific information with relevant departments. Support with any country specific reporting requirements from other departments and vice versa. Regularly deploys to the field to assist in startup, staff coverage, and close out
4. Monitor grant performance and overall assigned country portfolio and flag any issue to the Program Manager
5. Regular deployment to the field to assist in startup, staff coverage, and close out
6. Ensures that donors and internal reporting is submitted on time and in fulfilment of contractual obligations for the countries covered
7. External representation as required with donors
8. Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Size of the budget the position is responsible for
List direct and indirect reports
Direct Reports: NA
Indirect Reports: NA
Geographical Scope: Assigned countries
1. BA in related subject
2. Project management certification
3. Significant relevant experience
1. Master Degree
2. + Project management qualification
3. Extensive relevant experience
1. Field- based work experience in the sector
2. HQ experience supporting relief and development projects in the field
3. Experience in proposals development and donor reporting with IMC major donors
4. Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and the ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people
1. Knowledge of Project cycle management
2. Knowledge of Logical Framework project planning and design
3. Proposal development and donor report skills
4. Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
5. Report writing
6. Good research skills
7. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret and apply donor regulations and requirements
8. Strong analytical skills to determine overall grant performance
9. Ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues
10. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and field programs;
11. Excellent writing skills, excellent cross-cultural communication
Extensive travel maybe required
Fluent in written and spoken English
Proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic (or other relevant language to the portfolio) a plus
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the requirements of International Medical Corps.
The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have
the right to work in the UK should send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirement and why you
are interested in the role.
5PM UK time on 23 July 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of
sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application
as soon as possible.
In order to process job applications, International Medical Corps UK collects personal information
submitted by applicants. By applying for this role, you are consenting to that processing. All personal