Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Program Officer. The Program Officer will provide technical and management support to the implementation of a large USAID-funded regional economic growth project in East Africa. The position is based in Washington, DC with some travel to the region.
- Support the implementation of the project work plan and assist in completing technical deliverables, as required.
- Assist in the completion of project technical reports, e.g., value chain studies, trade landscape analyses, and business advisory service assessments.
- Assist in project start-up operations, including recruitment, as required.
- Provide direct technical, administrative, operational, and financial support to the project Chief of Party and entire project team.
- Respond to all donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual project reports, and other deliverables as specified in the contract.
- Assist project to implement its communications plan and oversee quality control of the communications products.
- Translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans with all pertinent Banyan Global staff. Regularly review and update strategies and plans with all team members.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders.
- Represent the project at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative planning and budgeting processes in partnership with Banyan Global financial management staff.
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working on economic growth, trade, and/or agriculture programming, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience working on technical aspects of USAID economic growth programs, including supporting value chain analyses, trade studies, and livestock analyses.
- Understanding of resilience issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
- At least 5 years of experience with project administration, operations, and financial management on USAID programming. Experience managing staff.
- Ability to travel for 3-4 weeks at a time to East Africa, including regional travel.
- Demonstrated representational skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors, and national and international NGOs and partners.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; second language a plus.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).