Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Transparency and Inclusive Growth Activity (TIGA) aims to support Myanmar champions of reform to enhance transparency and generate inclusive growth that can reduce inequality and mitigate economic drivers of conflict throughout the country. TIGA, with all staff working as a team, will focus on three programming areas:
- Economic Reforms – Advancing economic reforms and building capacities for government and non-government to implement those reforms effectively;
- Resource Management – Improving the management of natural resources and the sharing of resources between the Union and subnational areas; and,
- Infrastructure – Developing processes for more transparent and productive infrastructure decision making.
The Economic Reform Lead will provide overall leadership and management for TIGA technical assistance and grants that advance economic reforms through transparent and inclusive processes that meaningfully improve the livelihoods of people throughout the country, and thus reduces inequality and conflict. TIGA’s economic reform work will engage effectively both on Union as well as sub-national policy levels.
- Develop and enhance relationships with leading reformers in government and the private sector, including both at the Union and sub-national levels;
- Compile and assess data, reports and other information sources related to economic reforms, working to establish reform priorities for TIGA and then effective political-economic approaches to advance those reforms;
- Work closely with the Economic Reforms Lead to design and implement interventions that advance reforms, build capacities in the government and private sector, increase policy research and analytical skills, and improve the business environment; and
- Working with the Economic Reforms Lead, plan and economic reform interventions, including supporting domestic and foreign short-term experts.
- Fluency in the English and Myanmar languages;
- Demonstrated experience supporting effective economic reforms in Myanmar;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of key subject-matter areas including trade policy/facilitation and logistics/ports, business enabling environment, access to finance, intellectual property rights, rationalizing state-owned economic enterprises, project evaluation, or other relevant technical fields. Experience with capacity building of government and non-government entities;
- Understanding of Burmese regulatory and legislative processes, and a track record for improving transparency and mechanisms for public comment;
- Experience working with key business associations, civil society organization, think tanks and government leaders at the Union and/or sub-national level;
- Ability to conduct technical oversight of grants;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Administration, law degree, or another relevant field; and
- 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, including word processing and powerpoint development; and,
- Solid management experience and the ability to work well in teams.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services