Provides technical assistance and support CEP-NTD Program. Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to CEP-NTD Program. Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related CEP-NTD program objectives and deliverables.
- Provides support to CEP-NTD program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites.
- Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals.
- Works with Operations Associate Director and Program Manager and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information.
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the CEP-NTD program.
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or more country programs.
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to client.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with program design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Strong organizational and attention detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require a review of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Decisions may cause delays and affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Uses independent judgment in determining work-flow and priorities.
- Typically reports to a Manager/ Associate Director/ Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with public health program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; French language is a plus but not required.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Program Officer