Program Officer, Increased Demand and Engagement,
Vavuniya, Sri Lanka
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Program Officer is responsible for maintaining relationships with key partners, local officials, and communities in the Northern Province and adjoining districts in North-Central and North-Western Provinces. They support design of grants, coordinates with program leadership, and work closely with grantees/partners.
· Support grantees to successfully design and monitor project activity implementation
· Ensure that grantees comply with the financial and project reporting requirements of their IDEA grant and be the main liaison between the IDEA project and identified grantees on capacity building efforts
· Work with the IDEA technical team to identify innovative approaches and field activities that promote IDEA objectives
· Work with the grants management team to monitor component grantees activities and help collect data for the IDEA performance monitoring plan together with the monitoring and evaluation team
· Liaise with key project stakeholders throughout the provinces (and their border areas) including, but not limited to, civil society actors, local authorities, provincial authorities, and other government officials
· Ensure that the grants take into consideration gender, diversity, and conflict sensitivity aspects in design and implementation
· Conduct site visits with grantees and maintain quality control of database
· Support the organizational development initiative that will be implemented by IDEA and be a liaison between the capacity building service providers and the grantees
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; master’s degree or post-graduate diploma preferred
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a relief, development or campaign agency
· Hands-on experience working in the field of governance, social cohesion, gender and/or sustainable livelihoods is advantageous
· A good understanding of and commitment to gender and diversity considerations
· Conversant with MS Office applications
· Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language desired and will be a distinct advantage
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Please apply by Monday the 15th of June 2020.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.