Democracy International (DI) seeks to hire a Program Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning to provide programmatic and administrative support to DI staff in the home and field offices.
The Program Officer’s time will be split between general programmatic and administrative support, and specific support to monitoring and evaluation on programs.
Program Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively as a member of a program management team and provide administrative and programmatic support for DI staff in Bethesda and overseas;
- Coordinate between field office personnel and Bethesda-based staff on administrative issues, including accounting and contracting.
- Contribute to program design, strategy, and work planning as a member of the program management team.
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes on overseas programs, including but not limited to:
- Development of indicators and data collection tools
- Production of M+E deliverables, such as Monitoring and Evaluation plans, Performance Monitoring Plans, Logical Frameworks, etc.
- Assist in and guide data collection for learning and M+E systems, such as baseline and endline questionnaires and surveys, organizational capacity assessments, and data collected by local organizations for M+E purposes.
- Lead the development of donor reports, including quarterly and monthly reports detailing program activities and progress against indicators and objectives. Provide editing and proofreading support on reports and deliverables.
- Provide programmatic and logistical support for overseas consultants and staff members.
- Work with managers to ensure program compliance with relevant USAID regulations and mission orders.
- Assist in project startup and staff deployment including travel and logistics.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices and contribute to expense reconciliation.
- Support proposal development and budget preparation, as needed.
- Provide research support related to politics, governance and elections in foreign countries.
- Maintain sound relationships with counterparts in the field to ensure teams are adequately supported, and with donors particularly with regard to monitoring and evaluation of programs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international relations, public policy, political science, or a related field;
- Minimum of three to five years of professional experience in project support and oversight;
- Experience providing monitoring and evaluation support to a USG-funded program required;
- Experience designing indicators and data collection tools strongly preferred;
- Experience conducting data collection and analysis strongly preferred;
- Research background desirable but not required;
- Experience supporting USAID-funded programs strongly desired;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet dynamic client deadlines;
- Strong experience in writing reports and deliverables for donors, and designing and writing project proposals desired;
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and members of donor organizations;
- Experience living and working outside the U.S. preferred; and
- Fluency in English and excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Ability to travel on short notice required
Please submit your cover letter, resume and a writing sample to DI. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will only contact those candidates who best meet our needs. No phone calls or additional emails please.
All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the OrganizationDemocracy International, Inc. (DI) works on democracy and governance (DG) programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development partners. DI provides analytical services, offers technical assistance, and implements projects across the full range of DG programming, including:
Election Management and Administration
International and Domestic Election Monitoring
Political Party Development
Local Government and Decentralization
Legislative and Institutional Strengthening
Civil Society Development and Advocacy
Voter and Civic Education
Rule of Law
The firm has extensive experience with analytical services, including assessments, evaluations, project designs, democracy assistance studies, survey research, and strategic communications. DI is based in the United States and is an SBA-registered small business.
Over the past decade, Democracy International has worked in more than 40 countries and in all regions of the world. Since 1985, DI’s principals have advised and worked with election management bodies, civil society and election-monitoring organizations, political parties, legislatures, government agencies, and others in more than 70 countries.
Democracy International has worked extensively with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) as well as with other donor agencies, intergovernmental organizations, international NGOs, and consulting firms. The firm is a prime holder of USAID indefinite quantity contracts for Democracy and Governance Analytical Services (DGAS) and Elections and Political Processes (EPP). DI also holds the GSA schedule for Mission Oriented Business Integrated Service (MOBIS). In addition, DI is a subcontractor on USAID IQCs for Building Reform through Democratic Governance (BRDG) and Instability, Crisis and Recovery Programs (ICRP) as well as on USAID/Egypt’s Regional Democracy Initiative (REDI).