FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Program Officer under the proposed Community Action for HIV Control project in Ukraine. The five-year project aims to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing, and linkage to care among key and priority populations. Community Action for HIV Control will improve accessibility, acceptability, equitable coverage and efficiency of HIV services, and will be implemented in close cooperation with the Center for Public Health (Ministry of Health, Ukraine).
The Program Officer will work closely with FHI 360’s team to support the management and execution of the program. They will collect, compile, and analyze information relevant to programs. Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Ensures timely implementation of the program activities, and monitors project activities against work plans. Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans; provides support to programs by writing and/or reviewing reports on a quarterly basis.
- Supports program teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables
- Responsible for procurement, including logistics for staff travel and training activities.
- Develop and maintain electronic and paper filing system for project documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or related field required. Master’s Degree or international equivalent preferred.
- 5-8 years’ relevant experience in non-governmental accounts, program management, and US Government rules and regulations.
- Prior work experience on USAID funded programs with USAID PEPFAR funded programs preferred; HIV/KP-focused programs a plus.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on financial reporting and compliance for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff, FHI 360 HQ, and USAID as needed.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian and/or Russian is required.
- Experience working on in Ukraine or Central Asia preferred.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key and vulnerable populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.