Program Officer, USAID/Indonesia Harmoni,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism. Harmoni will focus support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia.
**This is a full-time, long-term position based in the Harmoni headquarters (HQ) in Jakarta.**
**Please note: Only Indonesian nationals are eligible for this position.**
**The deadline for applications is July 10, 2018.**
The program officer is responsible for supporting implementation, operations, reporting, and communications of one or more component or sub-component (intermediate results or sub-intermediate results) areas in the Harmoni scope of work (SOW): community resilience, reintegration and deradicalization, and/or migrant communities. S/he will work under the supervision of the associated intermediate results (IR) lead and will coordinate with grantees and other project partners as necessary.
- Help draft work plan sections related to the assigned IR, and develop materials needed to support effective implementation and operations of those plans.
- Plan, coordinate, and make arrangements for successful execution of Harmoni events such as seminars/conferences, trainings, meetings, presentations, and other tasks including, when necessary, travel and hotel arrangements, trip itineraries, and reporting.
- Collect and provide necessary information and contribute to the planning, organization, and implementation of assigned project activities.
- Monitor progress of activities to measure performance and results per the Harmoni monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan.
- Help ensure timely execution of activities, in accordance with agreed project and grantee implementation schedules.
- Support recruitment and procurement related to program activities.
- Ensure evaluation findings and recommendations are transparent and distributed to relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor and senior management team.
- University degree plus minimum three (3) years of professional experience related to the Harmoni program areas and/or responsibilities under this position.
- Experience working on international donor programs in Indonesia, USAID preferred.
- Knowledge of program areas covered by Harmoni and the associated stakeholders and governance conditions in Indonesia a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, delivering products or completing responsibilities on time and at the required quality level.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Fluent spoken English and strong written English.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; experience producing communications materials for programs (e.g., MEL pieces, progress reports, success stories) preferred.
- Fluency with MS Office software applications.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.