CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through Social Solutions International partnered with CAMRIS, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
United States Agency for International Development/Bureau for Global Health/Office of HIV/AIDS/Strategic Information, Evaluation and Informatics Division, Evaluation Branch (GH/OHA/SIEI/Evaluation)
Title: Program Quality/Data Quality Advisor
GS: 13 $99,172.00-$128,920.00
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The U.S. Government’s (USG) engagement to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS is a top priority worldwide. The USG response includes coordination among the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Peace Corps (PC), and other entities. This initiative is collectively known as the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). USAID has been at the forefront of the USG’s response to provide quality HIV/AIDS services to over one hundred countries to mitigate the health crisis that threatens the prosperity, stability and development of these nations.
The Bureau for Global Health’s Office of HIV/AIDS (GH/OHA) is the center of HIV/AIDS technical leadership for USAID and has primary responsibility for the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program. OHA provides strategic direction, technical leadership, and support to field programs in HIV/AIDS. It provides input to decisions concerning the strategic allocation of financial and human resources in the sector and assists in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs. The Strategic Information, Evaluation, and Informatics Division (SIEI) within OHA, to which the Program and Data Quality (PQ/DQ) Advisor will be assigned, provides technical expertise to advance and support country-owned, sustainable strategic information systems and promotes data-driven program planning. The SIEI Division has primary responsibility of supporting USAID headquarters and its Missions to build capacity in managing and utilizing data systems to improve impact and accountability of HIV/AIDS programs. The PQ/DQ Advisor(s) will be based in the Evaluation Branch of SIEI.
The PQ/DQ Advisor will work with the Senior PQ/DQ advisor and oversee program and data quality assurance and improvement efforts across the Office of HIV/AIDS (OHA). S/he will provide technical and operational leadership in the data quality and performance improvement plan working with technical experts from the SIEI Division, OHA technical program teams and USAID Missions. The PQ/DQ Advisor will lead and coordinate the development of Mission-specific corrective action plans and will work closely with the SIEI Division to develop the analytic plan for monitoring these plans which may include but may not be limited to: PEPFAR program indicators, USAID custom program indicators, site monitoring visit summaries, DQA/RDQA reports and financial monitoring data. S/he will receive guidance from the SIEI Division Chief.
- Provide technical leadership and implementation support to OHA, USAID Missions, and the interagency in developing and implementing quality assurance and improvement approaches, plans and tools with a particular focus on data quality assessments and program improvement plans.
- Support the rollout and scale-up of the OHA data quality assurance and improvement strategy across USAID PEPFAR portfolio and in close collaboration with USAID, Missions and Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Lead the institutionalization of data and program quality practices across technical areas and across the USAID Missions to ensure accurate and efficient reporting.
- Guide the development of tailored data quality assurance approaches and tools to respond to PEPFAR, OHA and field emerging needs and priorities.
- Guide enhancements to and implementation of existing routine site quality monitoring solutions such as Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) to identify areas for improvement, devise responses that ensure quality standards are met, and maximize PEPFAR programmatic impact on the HIV epidemic.
- Lead the process of data integration and analysis across PEPFAR indicators, SIMS data, Expenditure data and other types of data by IMs, geography, and other relevant parameters with a focus on program and performance improvement.
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation and evaluation of data and program quality management policies and practices.
- Provide technical support to the USAID Missions teams to assess, improve and maintain data quality on routine basis across international and indigenous partners.
- Participate in interagency and agency specific data quality assurance (DQA) exercises and the analyses of the results, in order to identify the root causes of poor routine data and make appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Assist in review of OU and partners quarterly performance review with SIEI and technical teams and propose additional, supplemental analyses that would expand and deepen USAID HQ understanding of factors affecting performance.
- Analyze, synthesize and apply evidence to ensure high quality data and services inform new programs.
- Frequently travel internationally to provide technical assistance to USAID Missions and partners and to monitor implementation of quality improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior leadership.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- A Master’s degree in any of the following: public health, epidemiology, computer science, social science, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 7+ years of progressive work experience in data systems and data quality management or Bachelor’s and 9 years.
- Extensive experience in quality assurance and quality improvement methods and approaches; particular interest in individuals with QA/QI approaches application in healthcare and development sectors.
- Have a deep understanding of data flow design and data reusability
- Advanced proficiency in data analysis and data use methodologies, approaches and tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheet software
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with a strong track record of taking a proactive approach to problem identification and solution.
- Should be able to multitask in a variety of projects at a time.
- Demonstrated experience working in developing country setting
- Must have excellent writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of/experience of PEPFAR programming.
- Willingness to travel internationally 30+%.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency required; and the ability to obtain and maintain, at a minimum, facility access clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
Social Solutions International and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com
Social Solutions and CAMRIS are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.