World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Quality Manager, you will provide overall leadership and management of the Program Quality Department of World Vision Timor Leste (WVTL), a grant-funded office. This includes:
- Leadership in acquiring resources (grants and private funds) and ensuring that grant opportunities align with WVTL strategy.
- Leadership of technical sector teams (Health, Agriculture & Livelihoods, Gender and Child Protection) whereby projects contribute to a portfolio of programming aligned with strategic objectives. You will ensure that all projects and programs achieve the greatest impact on the well-being of children. This will also help World Vision and its partners in Timor Leste to achieve their objectives so that World Vision is seen as a partner of choice for Support Offices and Donor Agencies.
You will be a member of the WV Timor Leste Senior Management Team and play a central role in the design and implementation of country strategy and business planning. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will work closely with National Director, Operations, and Finance to review strategic intent and grant priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, a technical field (e.g. Public Health, Economic Development, WASH) or related field.
- 5-7 years’ of managerial experience in transformational development, emergency response and project management in a complex international organization.
- 5- 7 years’ experience in successful proposal writing, funding acquisition, and donor relations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program or project design, and report writing.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledge of program development and design, resource acquisition, major donors and multi-laterals and donor relations.
- Good understanding of child-focused development and community development.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 AUGUST 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.