Job Description Summary:
This position will provide project support to Venture37’s donor funded projects. This support consists of understanding the donor funded projects that are supported and assisting the project lead deliver on the milestones of the project. Responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of project start up and close out, ongoing administrative and operational support to projects, budget and workplan review and the review of invoices and processing of invoices, assistance with procurement processes, assist with the development of quarterly reports that are submitted to the donor. This position requires strong project management and administrative skills. The ideal candidate must possess excellent writing skills. This position will participate in monthly project update meetings to ensure that the project is on track. This position may also assist in new business development initiatives by supporting the new business development team with coordination activities. This position is based in Minnesota and may require up to 20% international travel. French speaking, reading, and writing ability is strongly desired.
- Support in-country managers on project implementation and liaise with HQ human resources, finance and accounting, IT and technical practice areas.
- Mobilize consultants, process consultant payments, maintain project record keeping, schedule and organize meetings.
- Participate in regular calls to the overseas project field office to review progress to date on program milestones.
- Provide regular updates to the donor on the status of the project.
- Respond to donor requests for data relating to the project.
- Review actual project spending against budgets to monitor the financial spending on the project.
- Assist with training field staff on HQ systems, tools, and processes.
- Deliver remote webinars to field staff.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations when needed, that will assist field staff to learn or understand a process.
- Assist New Business Development initiatives in a support role by providing administrative support and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one (1) year of experience in nonprofit activities.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Prior experience with USAID, USDA or other donor international development programming and practices.
- Fluency in French is a plus.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.