Creative Associates seeks a Program Specialist for its Citizen Security Practice Area. The Program Specialist works under close supervision performing a variety of work activities within their project area, which includes providing project backstopping support, as well as traveling internationally for field project and reconnaissance activities. Projects assigned may be more complex in nature or include a portfolio of projects in a specific practice area. This position provides regular support to Project Manager(s), other program support staff, and field team members. The Program Specialist executes various operational activities and implements project-related decisions; assists with business development initiatives and supports staff who are responsible for technical program design and implementation. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Specialist will report to the Project Director within the practice area.
- Work with field teams and manage implementation of assigned projects;
- Track and monitor functions for project procurement of materials and services;
- Review and process invoicing and payment documentation in accordance with U.S. government regulations and Creative policies;
- Provide proposal development support, on a periodic basis.
- Performs technical, financial and administrative backstopping tasks for the field project team on assigned projects;
- Reviews and processes project documentation including invoices, and ensures transaction compliance;
- Develops and monitors consultant agreements including coordinating travel and facilitating timely payments;
- Works on assigned business development and proposal activities, as needed;
- Provides support on technical program design and implementation;
- Uses mastery of company’s administrative, financial systems, and operating procedures, including Creative’s project management systems in performing duties;
- Works closely with support divisions in HQ–including HR, Contracts, Procurement, Field Operations, Communications, and Finance– to support complex project needs as they arise;
- Utilizes knowledge of contract requirements, deliverables and budgets to manage key aspects of project documentation;
- Provides support to expatriate and TCN personnel, particularly with their allowances, as needed;
- Plans and participates in reconnaissance and fact-finding trips in preparation for bids; travels to project sites or on reconnaissance, if needed;
- Represents a practice area before other Creative teams, clients and critical audiences; and
- Conducts supplementary research in support of project activities.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one year or up to two years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree and no relevant experience;
- Experience tracking budgets and program expenses;
- Experience working with consultants and vendors;
- Experience organizing and managing program/project knowledge/information;
- Experience supporting small grants programs;
- Knowledge of U.S. government donor regulations;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, etc.);
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice; and
- Fluent in Spanish.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- One year of work experience involving project backstopping for U.S. or other government funded projects; and
- Experience studying or working in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.