Dexis is seeking an experienced Program Specialist to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan (OAPA), Technical Services (TS) Division. The work location for this position will be in Washington DC. This is a full-time position and the start date is immediate.
- Research, identify, analyze, update, prepare, develop, coordinate, organize, and review technical updates of the following tasks: project/program tracking, data analysis and documentation
- Provide backstop, field support, and technical program assistance in the development of communication products to include talking points, press releases and other related communication tools
- Develop social media toolkits and support social media engagement
- Assist team members in the preparation for congressional hearings and meetings
- Collaborate with the OAPA Mission Development Outreach and Communication (DOC) teams to identify news stories for USAID publication and social media
- Assist in the preparation and editing of briefing materials and responses to congressional inquiries. Work in coordination with Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs as requested
- Coordinate budgeting activities, including budget formulation, monitoring, presentation, and reviewing operating budgets and models for accuracy and completeness to periodically analyze trends affecting budget needs
- Coordinate appropriations for a wide range of programs while balancing the need for emergency or contingency operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, e-mail applications, and (Google/Outlook) is required.
- Experience in the use of database applications is required.
- Active secret security clearance required.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.