The Program Support and Office Administrator will work under the supervision and with the direct guidance and support of the Global Land Alliance Executive Directors. The Program Support and Office Administrator will ensure that the administrative and operational systems and processes of the Global Land Alliance are maintained, applied and revised as needed for the effective operation of the organization. The position requires taking initiative and carrying out tasks in the following task three areas: (i) administrative; (ii) financial management support; and (iii) technical and operational support. See attachment for specific tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two years of professional business work experience required. Preference for course work and demonstrated interest in international development, land tenure or community and social involvement or institutional innovation.
- Resident of DC-metro area preferred. No relocation expenses provided.
- Software requirements: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suites, Adobe and Twitter, Experience with website posting desirable.
- Business fluency in at least one language in addition to English (French or Spanish) preferable. Valid US Passport and willingness to travel occasionally and with notice.
- Previous experience with international donor – in particular USAID – bidding, proposal and contracting processes preferred.
About the Organization
The Global Land Alliance (GLA) is a small, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization located in downtown Washington, DC working globally and in the US. The mission of Global Land Alliance is to enable “sustainable prosperity of people and places” by advancing learning and practice to achieve land tenure security and the efficient, inclusive and sustainable use of land and natural resources. GLA aims to accelerate quality development by resolving land issues with new paradigms of participation and accountability.
Global Land Alliance takes the traditional think tank model a step forward to a ‘think-and-act lab’ not only producing new understanding and recommendations based on on-the-ground perspectives of citizens, community leaders and businesses, but also channeling those learnings toward practical implementation at scale. By scaling and speeding up resolution of land issues, we look to scale up and speed up improved results in the big issues of our time: urbanization, food security, environmental sustainability and peace.
Global Land Alliance is committed to finding solutions to the complex development challenges of cities, rural landscapes and forests through the power of allying local, national and international resources in innovative ways. We seek to harness the values inherent in land, place and natural resources to drive socially inclusive and ecologically-grounded development. We act as a catalyst for change by mobilizing local action, managing knowledge, driving accountability, and developing long-term capacities. We seek to be a positive disrupter of status quo situations that keep people in poverty and insecurity, misuse resources and inhibit local growth.