Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
If this sounds like you, Dexis is seeking a Program Technical Specialist to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development’s Asia Bureau. Specifically, this position will directly support the Office of South and Central Asian Affairs (SCAA). This is a short-term position, for up to one year. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Provide programmatic technical support and assistance on country and regional programs.
- Develop and perform analysis on economic/political/social issues in the SCAA countries/region and inform Bureau and Agency.
- Stay on top of Washington DC events as they pertain to development in SCAA.
- Attend and represent USAID at events of relevance to SCAA’s work.
- Assist the Office Director and Office Deputy Director to develop draft testimony for Congressional hearings.
- Support the preparation, editing, and revising of annual and congressionally-mandated reports.
- Consider internal guidelines, Congressional and Bureau priorities, and country and Agency needs.
- Draft briefing papers, memoranda, background statements, talking points, and other USAID reporting documents supporting activity or program information as requested and instructed by SCAA Office Director or Bureau Front Office.
- Assume responsibility for tracking these documents and shepherding them through the approval process, including intra- and interagency clearances.
- Support SCAA staff on compilation, analysis, and reporting on program budgets to the Asia Assistant Administrator’s Office, other offices, State counterparts, etc., keeping in mind USAID Agency, Bureau, interagency, and country priorities and trade-offs
- Draft responses to and track inquiries from the public, media, and other sources about USAID/ASIA programs and projects.
- Collaborate with the Bureau Outreach Team, draft general presentations and information products on activities, including program and project fact sheets, presentations, brochures, flyers, newsletters, etc., as well as talking points to accompany presentations.
- Perform administrative tasks specifically associated with portfolio or as assigned.
- Schedule consultations for incoming mission staff,
- Provide logistical support for program/project-related activities.
- Build and maintain a variety of program and correspondence files
- Develop and maintain contacts with external and internal partners.
- Work closely with Administrative and Management Services (AMS) to assist with the onboarding and training of new or temporary staff.
- 4 years of professional experience and a master’s degree or 6 years and a bachelor’s degree
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures
- Active secret-level security clearance
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.