Dexis is seeking an experienced Program Technical Specialist to provide support services to the US Agency for International Development’s Asia Bureau. Specifically, the Program Technical Specialist will directly support the Asia Bureau’s Office of South and Central Asian Affairs (SCAA). The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC. This is a full-time position. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Research and provide technical support to the SCAA Desk Officers, with regards to studies, analysis, and Mission and program support
- Develop and maintain familiarity with SCAA portfolios and issues
- Draft and edit congressionally-mandated reports and briefing papers on ongoing program in the South and Central Asian region
- Develop and facilitate quality control for official documents, such as draft testimony for congressional hearing, talking points, and speeches for review by Director, Deputy Director, or desk officers, and briefing memos for senior leadership
- Provide logistical support for the coordination and facilitation of inter-agency working group meeting and meetings with external partners
- As directed by the Director, Deputy Director, or the desk officers, and in collaboration with the Mission and the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs, respond to and track inquiries from the general public, media, and other sources about USAID/SCAA programs and projects
- Tracks relevant policy events/conferences, such as intergovernmental meetings, when East Asia delegates could be in Washington, DC; stays abreast of community and local events at which USAID should be presented and reports on these events to SCA leadership and staff
- Assists Mission staff on temporary duty in Washington DC, to include scheduling consultants
- Organizes and compiles briefing books
- Performs records management and other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., international development/relations, public administration) and 4 years of professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and 6 years of professional experience required.
- Active secret-level security clearance required.
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred)
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures preferred.
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.