Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Program Technical Specialist to provide support and expertise to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Asia Bureau, Office of East Asian and Pacific Affairs (ASIA/EAP). Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the position will be temporarily virtual with occasional in-office work (for access to secure emails, documents, and meetings) (ie: 1-2 hours, 1-2 times per month on average) but with eventual in-person full time work at USAID’s physical office space in Washington, D.C. The start date is immediate.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with USAID country portfolios and issues. This expected to be related to the East Asian and Pacific region (spanning the Mekong, to Maritime SE Asia to the Pacific Islands), in total 22 countries and operating units, however the individual should be open to flexibility to be moved laterally as USAID needs arise
- Research and provide technical, analytical, and administrative support to the Bureau and Missions, including but not limited to identification of relevant studies, issues, and analyses and program support
- Review, clear, draft and/or edit Congressionally-mandated documents, reports, and briefing papers on ongoing programs
- Develop and facilitate quality control for official documents, such as draft testimony for congressional hearing, talking points, and speeches for review by Director, Deputy Director, or desk officers, and briefing memos for senior leadership
- Provide logistical support for the coordination and facilitation of inter-agency working group meetings as well as for meetings with external partners, think tanks and donors
- As directed by the Director, Deputy Director, or desk officers, and in collaboration with the Mission and the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs, respond to and track inquiries from the general public, media, and other sources about programs and projects
- Liaise effectively with Mission staff, interagency counterparts, and within the Agency
- Track relevant policy events/conferences, such as intergovernmental meetings and when East Asia delegates could be in Washington, DC; stay abreast of community and local events at which USAID should be represented, and report on these events to leadership and staff; keep the Bureau informed as appropriate
- Organize and compile briefing books and develop and conduct briefings as assigned
- As needed, assist Mission staff on temporary duty in Washington, D.C. assisting mission senior staff with consultations as they prepare to be deployed to Post.
- Performs records management and other duties as assigned
- Active secret-level security clearance.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., international development/relations, public administration) with four (4) years of related work experience; OR Bachelor’s in relevant field with six (6) years of related work experience;
- Experience with project management and/or international development especially in terms of related administrative and financial procedures.
- Experience with office technology and use of standard office software with high proficiency.
- Some professional work experience overseas.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures.
- Understanding of USG programming and/or foreign policy in the East Asia/Pacific region.
- Microsoft Office, Google Suite Products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- A team player with the ability to learn quickly, with minimal guidance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- DoD-sponsored security clearance preferred.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.