JOB TITLE: Programma Management Unit Manager
12 Months Fixed Term Contract with possible extension
JOB LOCATION: London, United Kingdom
REPORTS TO: PMU Director
The UK Division is seeking a PMU Manager to support our growing FCDO portfolio. The manager is responsible for monitoring and completing tasks related to the financial administration, technical implementation, partner management, staffing, and communications of a to-be-determined project(s). We are seeking creative individuals with superior knowledge of Chemonics’ systems and PMU best practices. If you are looking to roll-up your sleeves to join an ambitious, dynamic, and fast-moving team, please read on!
- Provides day-to-day support to project teams and client, including communicating and assisting with field-office requests and overseeing field team’s adherence to contract requirements and government regulations, including allowances, quarterly reports, and inventory reports.
- Oversees financial aspects of the project’s contract by reviewing monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract provisions. Responsible for monitoring monthly costs using contract budget monitor, tracking contract expenditures against budget and total obligated funds.
- Responsible for reviewing and determining causes for variances to the budget and ensuring required notices are sent to the contracting officer regarding status of funds.
- Liaises with project subcontractors, manages subcontract administration issues, budgets, and invoice reviews, and reviews deliverables to ensure they meet technical and quality standards.
- Recruits long- and short-term project personnel in accordance with Chemonics’ practice and pertinent U.K. government regulations.
- Conducts periodic field visits to monitor project administration, including conducting training, conducting or responding to audits, providing input to work planning, conducting technical research, and performing other operational tasks.
- Reviews and provides comments on project technical work and project reports.
- Promotes Chemonics by attending external events, networking with clients and counterparts, articulating a solid understanding of Chemonics’ past and present portfolio, effectively representing the company’s history, values, and standards, and identifying and developing business leads.
- Actively engages in technical practice of relevance to areas of interest or focus, sharing information and best practices learned with the company.
- Participates on proposal teams and mentors others.
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities demonstrating behaviors associated with Chemonics’ values and competencies at all levels in the company.
- Identifies issues or potential risks and makes informed decisions on how to address the issues, communicating, when appropriate, with the director and/or senior vice president.
- Appropriately consults with support divisions on home-office and field-office matters to help make informed decisions.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and the time and opportunity to grow professionally.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Programme management or relevant experience required; experience managing FCDO programmes preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Secondary language proficiency preferred.
- Mastery of critical project management skills, including budget management, contractual compliance, client relations and knowledge of the client, and personnel management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Advanced Excel and PPT skills required.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Ability to work on one or more projects and provide support to proposals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Experience supervising or mentoring employees preferred.
Application Deadline: 21 March 2021
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.