IBTCI is seeking a Programmatic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Expert for a potential award to provide Local Fund Agent (LFA) services in Somalia, funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM). The purpose of this LFA will be to verify selected activities funded by the GFATM grants, particularly in hard-to-reach areas, and to provide the Global Fund Community Team with specific in-country data and assurance services. The services are expected to include data quality reviews, distribution spot checks, ad-hoc procurement and supply management reviews, assessments of District Health Information System (DHIS2), assessments of retention of clients on ART, and assessments of HIV program data management tools.
The LFA activities are expected to occur during the last six months of 2018 with the option to be extended.
Scope of Work:
Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct Data Quality Reviews of program data;
- Design or review tools for verifying and assessing activities;
- Assess DHIS2 implementation, governance, and linkages with surveillance systems, and assess hospital data recording/coding systems, and make appropriate recommendations;
- Assess performance and compliance of existing tools for data collection and reporting, and make appropriate recommendations;
- Contribute technical expertise in other areas as required.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients. This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product. While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the health sector, notably in monitoring and evaluating health programs in developing countries;
- Ability to interpret performance results of health programs and analyze the implications of such results in the country context;
- Strong understanding of public health monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Thorough knowledge of epidemiology and programmatic interventions related to at least one of the three diseases (HIV, TB, or malaria);
- Understanding of the dimensions of health service quality and familiarity with reviewing and interpreting national service delivery guidelines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Strong professional oral communication and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; and
- Good written and spoken English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience working in Somalia or similar context(s).
- Good working knowledge of Somali or other local language(s) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with adoption and management of health information systems (HIS).
Education: Graduate degree in public health, pharmacy, medicine, or another related discipline.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have little or no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is expected for various activities. Candidates must be comfortable working in challenging environments. Regionally-based candidates would also be an asset.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.