World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*This is a full-time Programme Director position based in Herat, Afghanistan.
As Programme Director, you will:
- Provide expertise to and oversight of all programme/project related activities and responsibilities within World Vision Afghanistan, and ensure these are carried out effectively.
- Provide leadership to the programme to ensure it aligns with and moves forward the World Vision Afghanistan Country Strategy.
- Coordinate and provide expertise for grants acquisition related activities.
- Ensure the adoption, implementation and strategic reporting of Child Well-Being Outcomes and Targets.
- Manage and support Programme Team staff and Sector Leads; assist and support Zonal
- Managers and Project Managers in order for them to understand, implement & report on partnership and donor mandated requirements, while ensuring that financial and non-financial components of the program are adhered to.
- Provide support to and coordinate with MEAL & Strategy team.
- Strong understanding of the grants cycle.
- Familiarity with major donor funding requirements - USAID, EU, ECHO, DFID, GAC, DFAT, UN agencies, CERF, CBPF etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in grant acquisition/management, project design, proposal development and writing, and evidence development for international donor agencies, M&E systems design and management.
- Understanding of Emergency response and integrated rural community development programming and processes.
- Strong team management skills so has to both develop, guide enlist cooperation from, and ensure optimum performance of supervisees.
- Experience in integrated project design and monitoring and evaluation systems development.
- Minimum five (5) years of development and/or relief field experience –– or the equivalent in the headquarters/support office of a major NGO
- Experience in Emergency response and integrated program delivery and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in a fragile context.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.