Head of Programs
The Head of Program Quality will be responsible for program development and quality benchmark across North East Syria (NES) area office, She/He leads the technical specialists and MEAL manager in designing high quality program and ensuring that there is standard programming across all the field offices as well as areas of expansion, and will be responsible for making sure that all programmes are implemented in line with Save the Children’s common approaches and quality benchmarks. She/He will also ensure that there is proper program integration across the different sectors right from the program design stage. The post holder will also support the capacity development efforts of national NGO partners to ensure quality delivery of programming.
He/She will work to ensure that program design is align with the Syria response Office as well as NES area office 2021 strategic plan and support in giving strategic direction on program direction.
The post holder will play a strategic role in leading the effective quality of Save the Children’s programme across NES.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Extensive experience of working within a management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
* Previous experience of managing programme teams in complex contexts
* Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, BHA, FCDO, SDC)
* Commitment to, thorough understanding of, and able to train staff in participation and accountability approaches
* Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
* Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large team
* Proven ability of mentoring and coaching of international and national staff
* Experience of senior level representation
* Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment, proposals and project reports
* Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* A high level of written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
* Language skills in Kurdish or Arabic is advantageous
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.