Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for oﬀering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: Technical Assistance to support CISOP 2014 - 2020.
The overall objective is to to contribute to the enhancement of absorption, administrative and institutional capacity of the OS and programme beneficiaries for effective and efficient management and publicity of the Competitiveness and Innovation Sector Operational Programme (CISOP) 2014-2020.
The purposes are as follows:
- To further consolidate the OS administrative capacity to manage the Operational Programme in compliance with EU Regulations, Framework / Financing / Operational Agreements for Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) Il and applicable national legislation, and improve the design of OP management, monitoring and control systems;
- To maximize sound IPA Il fund absorption by improving potential beneficiaries’/ final beneficiaries (End Recipients of Assistance - ERAs)’ access to information on funding opportunities available under CISOP 2014-20, as well as by strengthening their capacity to apply for, and correctly utilize, available IPA Il funding;
- To enhance the OS capacity to effectively communicate, and ensure visibility of IPA-funded actions in compliance with stipulations of IPA Il Regulations, as well as with Framework and Financing Agreement;
- To support OS in IPA programming for 2021-27 period;
- To increase awareness on the role of EU in Turkey, as well as visibility of IPA-funded actions in support to Competitiveness and Innovation Sector by programme stakeholders and the general public.
He/she will assist the relevant Operating Structure (OS) Departments in all activities related to the management of CISOP. He/she will be responsible to support in identification and development of the project pipeline, grant schemes preparation and management; programme-level monitoring and related quality assurance activities.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree in the field of engineering, economics, business administration, social or political sciences or equivalent. Master degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines will be an asset;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience
- Minimum 7, but preferably 10 years of working experience following the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical assistance projects financed by EU pre-accession funds and/or Structural Funds;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in project development/programme management in regional/local economic development/competitiveness/innovation fields;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in development of investment projects, including experience in development and/or assessment of pre-feasibility studies and/or feasibility studies and/or cost benefit analyses and/or business plans;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programming and/or management of EU-funded grant schemes (excluding secondary procurement activities at local/regional level) at Contracting Authorities/Operating Structures level will be an asset.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in english.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.