OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Management Office at Cluster level have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of the Programme Management Officer/Technical Clusters is to contribute to providing strategic, technical, and operational support for the work of Technical Clusters towards the effective execution of activities. The primary role is to ensure oversee the financial execution of the work plans within the Cluster (s), support maximum delivery of the Cluster programme of work, and ensure financial compliance with WHO rules and regulations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the Directors, Technical Clusters and the direct supervision of the Director, General Management Cluster (GMC), the incumbent provides budgetary and financial oversight towards the effective execution of the functions and responsibilities of the Technical Cluster Directors.
- Plan, develop and maintain financial and budgetary procedures to be used by the Cluster programmes in conformity with WHO Rules and Regulations;
- Analyze and monitor the effectiveness of the Cluster, budgetary and financial controls and procedures, and provide information and suggestions to ensure maximum delivery of approved work plans and full utilization of allocated funds within the limits of authority;
- Monitor the implementation of the Clusters’ awards and work plans in cooperation with the technical units including quality assurance on GSM transactions for Compliance with WHO financial framework;
- Provide authoritative advice on financial policies and procedures applicable to the Cluster in conformity with WHO established procedures;
- Review and coordinate the technical biennial work plans of the cluster Units, including the human resources plans;
- Ensure implementation of the Clusters’ HR plan, develop staffing strategies in cooperation with HRM, identify HR complex issues and challenges and bring them to the attention of the HR Officer responsible for the Cluster;
- Ensure the incorporation of a well detailed annual procurement plan of goods and services, and monitor its implementation;
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
- Essential: Advanced University degree in management, public finance or business administration or a related field.
- Desirable: Postgraduate degree in management sciences.
- Essential: Minimum seven (7) years of relevant and progressively responsible administrative and managerial experience working with large teams in supervisory positions in public finance or in an international organization, five (5) years inclusive of which are in planning, monitoring and evaluation of health-related programmes.
- Desirable: Experience in policy and strategy development.
Excellent analytical and writing skills; interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize competing demands; work planning; financial and budgetary principles and monitoring; policy development and implementation; demonstrated ability to write technical reports and to deliver oral presentations.
1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
2. Producing results
3. Fostering integration and teamwork
4. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Excellent knowledge of English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language with demonstrated ability to write technical reports and to deliver oral presentations. Working knowledge of additional UN languages would be an asset.