Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Programme Manager Forestry in Tajikistan
- Function as Chief Technical Advisor for the KfW-funded project “Climate Change Adaptation through Sustainable Forestry in Important River Catchment Areas in Tajikistan” and advise the Tajik Forestry Agency on the implementation of the project;
For this function, the following tasks would have to be performed:
- General management and oversight of the programme results and measures in accordance with the approved log frame and time schedule;
- Have the overall responsibility for monitoring, evaluation, and communication;
- Technical and contractual supervision of project staff and sub-contractors;
- Prepare reports and annual work plans/operational plans;
- Assist in procuring works, goods and consulting services according to agreed procedures;
- Manage disposition funds, including (cross-checking) assessment of disbursement claims;
- Financial monitoring of approved budgets;
- Supervise and ensure the implementation of the agreed communication and public relations measures;
- Link project measures with the experiences and ongoing activities of other relevant stakeholders.
- Postgraduate university degree in forestry or another field of natural resource management with several years of proven practical work experience in forestry;
- Good understanding and proven track record in areas such as integrated rural development, adaptation to climate change, community development, participation, and policy advise;
- Work experience as team leader in transition countries;
- Strong background in management and financial administration of development projects;
- Experience with donor-funded projects, preferably in Central Asia;
- Professional experience in Development Cooperation; specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.) would be a strong asset;
- At least 10 years of practical professional experience in the sector;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in the English language; knowledge of the Russian language would be a strong asset;
- Team player, who is capable of working under different and sometimes difficult conditions.
If you do not have several years of practical work experience in forestry and as a team leader in a major development project, please do not apply.
Your place of work will be Tajikistan, Dushanbe, with occasional travel to Khovaling and Farkhor districts and the Gorno-Badkshan Autonoumos Region
Starting date: 1st October 2018 or upon agreement
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Ms. Judith Niederberger, Deputy Head of Department Asia/Europe, Phone +41 41 419 23 26.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 31 Juli latest through our web portal. Apply here
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne
About the Organization
Caritas is a leading Swiss NGO focusing on poverty reduction in Switzerland and abroad. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles. The Tajikistan Desk is responsible for implementing mandates by SDC, KfW, DipECHO and a number of Caritas-funded projects in the sectors of Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene as well as Food Security & Income Generation. The Caritas offices in Tajikistan employ currently 60 local and 5 international staff.