As the Montrose programme manager based in Myanmar you will support the successful delivery of Montrose global programmes. You will represent Montrose, support the company’s delivery of high-quality international development programmes and nurture the growth of the company’s portfolio within the sector. You will champion the Montrose vision, mission and values, have a willingness to learn, great attention to detail, communicate well with all stakeholders and be responsive and eager to grow with the company, demonstrating flexibility, creativity and initiative.
Location: Yangon, Myanmar with willingness to travel to other countries in Africa and Asia
Core responsibilities of the role
The programme manager will support the successful delivery of Montrose global programmes. This includes:
Technical Areas Specific to the Role
The programme manager will be actively involved in direct project management of specific projects and day-to-day implementation of contracts. This includes:
- Oversight and quality assurance of work plans, ensuring they are up-to-date, comprehensive and logical
- Ensuring deliverables are of high quality and on time
- Managing personnel and technical teams
- Monthly review of working budgets against expenditure including re-forecasting
- Coordinating writing of reports, proofreading and editing
- Managing procurement of equipment and supplies
- Oversight and management of progamme officer(s) to implement travel and other logistical arrangements and procedures
- Identify gaps and potential issues in project delivery and propose solutions and/or improvements
- Support the development of project strategy, direction and theory of change
- Oversee (and at times draft), coordinate and monitor implementation of project management tools
- Undertake research on technical components of existing or new contracts where appropriate
- Day-to-day management of consultants, ensuring compliance with Montrose and client deliverables and expectations
- Ensuring compliance to contracts and standards
- First review of Terms of References (ToRs) developed by programme officer
- Developing ToRs where appropriate or in more complex cases where they cannot be drafted by the programme officer
- Ensuring the consultant level of effort in the ToR is logical and fits within the budget
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the programmes managed are compliant with all contractual obligations and that internal policies are implemented
- Approving flights and logistics when costs are sourced by another employee and within agreed, updated budget
- Approving expenditure within agreed, updated budget
- Meeting and communicating with clients but not negotiating contractual terms whilst ensuring the country co-ordinator and appropriate members of the Senior Management Team are in the loop on these discussions.
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Public Health, Education, Statistics, Programme Management etc.
- A minimum of 5 years Programme Management experience working in the development sector
- A passion for doing development work better, working with all types of stakeholder, partner, client, consultant, government counterpart, and community members to improve people’s lives
- Exceptional drive, and a willingness to work hard to deliver high quality outcomes
- Strong time management, organisational and communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent written and spoken English, with the ability to write accurate, and relevant reports
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the experience of seeking creative ways to overcome complex problems
- Willingness to learn and adapt with the growing Montrose Programme Team
- Ambition, drive and determination to succeed
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Right to live and work in Myanmar essential
- Knowledge of Myanmar language skills is a major advantage
- Knowledge of the research, monitoring and evaluation, enterprise, environment, education and health sectors
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application Here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
About the Organization
Montrose is an international development project management and consultancy company providing support to clients operating in the developing world. Specialised in the sectors of health, education, rural livelihoods and private sector development, our clients include bilateral and multilateral development agencies, the private sector, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and other development stakeholders.
Montrose creates bespoke solutions which make lives better in Africa and Asia. We strive to add value to international development and corporate sustainability. Through our commitment to quality, responsiveness, and pragmatism, we aim to exceed expectations. We work with talented and passionate people who share our enthusiasm for our vision and style.