Position title: Programme Manager, Trade and Investment Advocacy Fund 2 (TAF2+) (grade 5)
Job category: International development
Business line: Management services
Office region: United Kingdom
Office location: UK - London
The Trade and Investment Advocacy Fund 2 (TAF2+) is a UK Government-funded demand-driven facility providing trade and investment negotiations support to developing countries. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the facility. This includes serving as the main point of contact for the client, raising awareness of the facility, overseeing functional programme sub-teams, and managing contractual and financial obligations.
The purpose of the role is to manage the TAF2+ facility, ensuring consistently high-quality delivery. The secondary purpose of the role is to contribute to the further development of AECOM’s trade portfolio.
Core job responsibilities will include:
Management of TAF2+
- Manage day-to-day operations of the facility, including providing oversight and management for functional sub-teams, including grants and procurement officers, marketing and finance
- Maintain a strong relationship with the client; serve as main point of contact
- Work closely with the Strategy and Results Director to encourage innovative and effective deployment of programme resources
- Raise awareness of the facility with potential beneficiaries and service providers
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Lead to ensure the facility has a strong focus on internal and external learning
- Take part in sub-project evaluation and approval process
- Work closely with AECOM’s finance team to oversee programme financial performance
- Oversee programme reporting, including monthly financial reports, quarterly progress reports, and contribute to Annual Reviews as well as client or AECOM audits
- Ensure contractual compliance with client and AECOM requirements
Secondary job responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of departmental, sectoral and client strategies
- Build relationships with clients, partner organisations and individuals in line with agreed strategies
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal stakeholders, with a particular focus on relevant geographical and technical teams, and also with business support functions
- Contribute to the identification and prioritisation of new business opportunities
- Lead/contribute to multi-functional bid teams to create innovative and comprehensive services in response to international development challenges
- Contribute to continuous learning and innovation through facilitation of or participation in technical innovation and lesson learning initiatives
- Play a key role in building AECOM’s profile in trade and positioning AECOM as a thought leader, which may include conducting research, writing opinion pieces or blog posts, hosting or contributing to discussions or debates, preparing case studies or speaking at conferences
- Keep up to date on developments in trade and investment
- Provide guidance and training to other team members, within and beyond the international development team, in trade and investment
The successful candidate will be customer oriented with strong written and oral communications skills. Particular responsibilities will include:
- At least eight years of experience in trade, investment or other relevant field
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record of delivering consulting and/or management services focused on trade and/or investment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk
- Experience working with teams with diverse backgrounds and across geographical locations
- Experience in the application of common project management and monitoring tools and methodologies in the international development field, such as the use of logical frameworks
- Strong numeracy skills with past experience developing and managing complex budgets and pricing strategies
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, including very strong report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Masters degree
- Prior experience working on international development projects for the UK Government
Why choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 90,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
We can offer you an environment where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is the Law poster.