The Programme Manager will be responsible for the organizations activities in Francophone Africa. He/she will work closely with the Head of Programmes and will play a key role in coordinating Aflatoun partners and managing projects in Francophone Africa.
- Provide technical and logistical support to existing Aflatoun partners.
- Support of new organizations and startup of new projects.
- Advocating with government to mainstream the social financial education in school curricula and major government programs for child and youth empowerment.
- Managing projects related to Aflatoun programmes in Francophone Africa
- Coordinate fundraising and project proposals.
- Delivering training of Aflatoun trainers in the region.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years work experience in the areas of education, social and emotional learning, early childhood development, financial education or entrepreneurship with children and youth.
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Analytical, critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Academic degree in related subject (e.g. Masters in international development, Masters in Education, Masters in Child Development).
- Comfort moderating or managing public engagements (meetings and trainings)
- Advocacy experience with government bodies at local, national or regional level.
- Ability to develop proposals and fundraise
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team in an international environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Conditions of Employment
The position is for a fulltime workweek (40 hours). We are looking for a committed & flexible individual with the ability and willingness to travel internationally. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross yearly salary range of € 2769 and € 3614 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) - the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Programme Manager (West & Central Africa). Application, no later than 16 July, 2018. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Rediet Abiy (rediet[at]aflatoun.org).
About the Organization
Aflatoun International is a non-governmental organization focusing on educating children about their rights and responsibilities and managing natural and financial resources through social and financial education. Children and young people are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 109 countries and reaches 4.5 million children.
Through Aflatoun programmes children are inspired to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighborhoods. Aflatoun employs the social franchise model whereby partners have ownership of the programme. The secretariat develops curricula in collaboration with its partners and provides them with technical assistance, network support, advocacy and training materials to implement the Aflatoun methodology.
Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Programme Manager- West & Central Africa to join us in our mission.