To conduct specific project implementation activities of Covid-19 responses (R1 & 4) as assigned by the Women’s Empowerment Programme Manager
- To assist the Women’s Empowerment Programme Manager in planning, mentoring, accompaniment and training, and governance technical support for partner organisations as well as working closely with the Oxfam technical and operations team in Yangon and the Sittwe field office.
- To ensure all the activities are implementing effectively by the measure of targets, goals and imply with Oxfam In Myanmar internal policies.
What we are looking for:
Skill and Competence:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working on community-based development and facilitation of workshops and trainings
- At least 1-year experience on working on women’s empowerment and gender leadership
- Knowledge and understanding of gender and gender equality, community-driven leadership and governance in Myanmar
- Good coordination, communication and community facilitation skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated capacity to balance flexibility and tenacity
- Understanding of basic concepts of humanitarian and development work
- Good information management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Myanmar and English, Rakhine language would be a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, ability to work independently
- Interest, openness and willingness to work in IDP camps
- Respecting and valuing diversity and team spirit
- Willingness to be based in Sittwe and frequently travel to field locations in Rakhine State
- Flexible work attitude to manage multiple priorities, quick learner
- Good organisational skills and willingness to learn more about development and humanitarian.
- Computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Experience of working in sensitive contexts in Myanmar; working experience in Rakhine highly desirable
- Experience in working with local partner organisations, CSOs and local leaders
- Experience in working with IDP women and men/ Protection
- Eager to learn from work, people and organisations
- Degree in Social Science
The Women’s Empowerment Programme officer will work in Oxfam’s Sittwe office in a small technical team (other team members are the Programme Manager, Community Engagement officer). Oxfam’s Sittwe office structure will provide the programme support functions for this project.
The duties include but are not limited to: Under the overall leadership of governance pillar and working under the direct management of the Women’s Empowerment Programme Manager, the role of the Women’s Empowerment PO is to contribute actively to meet the strategic objectives of the project by focusing on:
- Managing the assigned tasks and projects and play an active role in implementing to be on track
- Supporting the content development of a gender and Covid-19 prevention responsive curriculum and resources
- Take a lead role in facilitating training workshops with women - as well as conducting community (currently virtually)
- consultations and focus group discussions – either individually, with the project team or with partner organizations (virtually or physically depend on Covid-19 measure)
- Assist the Programme Manager and programme team in Sittwe, as well as partner organisations and supported CSOs to understand gender and power dynamics in the project areas, and promote women’s leadership and empowerment among targeted CSOs and partner organisations (capacity building of partners)
- Support local female leaders to take on leadership roles in their communities (this includes supporting the identification of female IDPs to take on roles as community facilitators in Sittwe IDP camps)
- Support the collection of information and mapping of potential partners, networks, allies and women’s rights organisations in Rakhine State (a part of Covid-19 response activities)
- Ensure to establish Women’s Clubs/Groups and mobilize the trained women to lead advocacy and learning events to promote public awareness. (virtually or physically depend on Covid-19 measure)
- Promote engagement of men and boys on specific gender issues, women’s increased participation and decision-making related to governance, peace, and economic development in the proactive and sensitive manner
- Support the production of communication materials (videos, human interest stories) and information sharing between beneficiaries; this includes identifying suitable interview partners and groups
- Assist the Programme Manager in compiling and submitting a clear and informative project report according to the donor reporting timeline and guidelines
- Identify challenges in context and project activities and inform Programme team in a timely manner
- Submit activity reports to Programme Manager and attend Sittwe all staff meetings to brief the Oxfam programme teams
- Be an active learner and, where required, support the dissemination of good practices internally and externally (either directly or in an advisory capacity to partners and networks)
- Keep the record and compile the activity data based on each activity such as meeting minutes and requisition.
What we offer:
Oxfam aims to recruit and retain diverse, passionate people who have the necessary skills, knowledge and commitment to meet our vision. We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
How to apply
Interested and capable individuals are required to submit the CV and Cover letter to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7 Oct 2020, 5 PM (Myanmar Time), however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Closing Date: 7 Oct 2020