Options is seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading on evidence and accountability to our team in Bangladesh of the UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH2ACTION) programme. He/She will provide excellent important in-country management support to the team and consultants based in Bangladesh, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
DFID’s Women’s Integrated Sexual Health programme (WISH2ACTION) will provide approximately £132m to deliver integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services in 13 countries in Africa and 3 in Asia.
The WISH2ACTION programme builds on previous successful initiatives supported by DFID and others to expand sexual and reproductive health care services and support countries which have made FP2020 commitments to achieve them. The programme is expected to ensure that women are able to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health, particularly the young and marginalised.
The programme will increase access to family planning and integrated sexual and reproductive health services for women, men and young people across Africa and Asia through a combination of: (i) rightsbased provision of private sector sexual and reproductive health information and services, and strengthening of public sector health information and services; (ii) addressing barriers to family planning uptake at individual, interpersonal, community and institutional level; and (iii) improving policies, government financing and commodity security to create an enabling environment for family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Programme and Operations Officer is based in Dhaka (tbc). They will work closely with the National Ownership (NO) Lead, the Evidence and Accountability Advisor, the Policy and Planning Advisor and Health Financing Advisor in Bangladesh and provide support in key programmatic areas as requested. In supporting the management of the programme, the position will have a close working relationship with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure high quality financial management of the programme. Liaison and support is provided by the Options Programme Management & Finance Teams in London and the regional Finance & Admin team based in Nairobi.
The position holder is responsible for supporting the NO Lead and workstream leads to ensure that the WISH Bangladesh programme is implemented efficiently and effectively, with responsibilities in the three core areas of:
- Operations, Finance and Administration;
- Quality Assurance of Technical Assistance; and,
- Reporting to the WISH Kenya regional hub and Options London.
The role plays an important in-country management support function for the Bangladesh programme as well as playing a key liaison role within the WISH2Action management structure. This ensures appropriate communication and coordination with the Options London-based support (Programme Manager and Programme Accountant) and WISH2Action Kenya regional hub support (Regional Finance & Admin Manager).
The position reports to the Bangladesh National Ownership lead, and will have key working relationships with the Programme Manager in DFID Bangladesh as well as links with counterparts in the Ministry of Health and other key partners to the programme.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
To view the full Job Description and details on how to apply, please refer to our website: https://options.co.uk/jobs/programme-operations-officer
- At least a BSc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of supporting a health programme for at least one year.
- Demonstrable experience supporting and coordinating technical work in similar organisations.
- Experience of working in Bangladesh in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs.
- Experience in budgeting, project planning, financial and narrative report writing.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Bangladesh-P&OO – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 21st December: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
About the Organization
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.