For our ongoing project in the MENA regiona, we are currently looking for a Programme Section Head (PSH).
Task description: Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Operations (COO), the PSH is responsible for providing operational and administrative leadership across the technical programme of the Management Unit (MU) of the Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) incl. inter alia the Recovery Programme, Procurement, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) sections, stakeholder networking, and organisational management of the day-to-day operations.
- Practical knowledge/ in-depth understanding of conflicts & political forces in the region;
- Professionalism, integrity, and commitment to assigned responsibilities;
- Understanding and sound judgement in a multi-cultural workspace;
- Versatile capacity in dealing with events & situations of a challenging physical environment;
- Good communication skills and ability to represent the organisation (if requested) in order to report or negotiate on the SRTF programme.
- Knowledge & understanding of risk factors associated with project implementation under ongoing conflicts;
- Experience in planning, management & mobilisation of resources in project delivery;
- Capacity to select & introduce performance standards, project progress monitoring & support in accordance with agreed-upon quality assurance and timeframe;
- Ability to communicate, motivate, delegate, and coordinate team staff and meet tight schedules for the project implementation & deliverables under complex developments and varied cultural contexts;
- Demonstrate trust & confidence in teamwork and provide guidance to achieve sustainable results.
- Advanced university degree in engineering, technical and/or management related disciplines; Professional accreditation from a renowned engineering and/or management institution is a preferred qualification;
- Minimum 20 years’ professional experience in international reconstruction and development, preferably with 10 years’ work assignments in conflict-affected and in-transition countries;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience must be in projects incl. but not limited to infrastructure, utility services rehabilitation, and capacity building of implementing partners in both rural & urban settings;
- Computer literacy in basic software applications (MS Office, MS Project, etc.);
- Excellent proficiency in English is required; Proficiency or working knowledge of Arabic and any of the regional languages is highly desirable.
About the Organization
GOPA Infra GmbH is an independent German consultancy rendering engineering and consulting services for infrastructure development worldwide on behalf of bilateral and multilateral financing agencies and organisations. It focusses on the provision and operation of sustainable infrastructure in the core areas of Architecture & Urban Development, Transport & Mobility, Waste Management as well as Water & Sanitation. Particular technical expertise is used for projects that deal with climate change, post-conflict situations and migration.
In October 2016, the company was created through the merger of GOPA Consultants’ Infrastructure Development Department and RODECO Consulting GmbH, which was established in 1973. It thus builds on more than 45 years of experience and functions as an independent company within the GOPA Consulting Group.
Our strong relationships with German universities, scientific institutions and professional associations enable us to provide our clients with the latest scientific results and state-of-the-art technology. We have a track record in handling projects according to international standards and ensuring coordination with all relevant stakeholders. We provide target-oriented and efficient cooperation with national authorities and administrations, local engineering companies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and international institutions, thus creating a sound foundation for the achievement of sustainable project results and impacts.
GOPA Infra is applying a Quality Management System, certified under the ISO 9001:2015 norm. In addition, we are certified under ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management) and OSHAS 18001:2007 (Health & Safety Management). With this integrated Quality, Safety/Health and Environment System (QSHE) certification, GOPA Infra will continue improving the quality of operations and processes while simultaneously ensuring environmental sustainability and the maintenance of occupational health and safety standards.